The rebirth of the RXX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1of500

Starting in on my RXX. It will not sit another summer!
341.jpg
342.jpg
343.jpg
344.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fun lake ski to drag race or rec ride. I need to buff mine to get it shiny again, but my focus is on my xpl this winter.

No offense but time to say by by blacktip. Going back with Hydro turf. Need to order a seat cover from jettrim. A buff and wax is in order as well. Also need to order the parts to rebuild the 951. Going to keep the engine stock. I already have some of the bits and pieces right now in need of oem crank, pistons, oem gasket set. I'm going to try to run a set of billet buckshot brm's on this boat. Need to send the mpem to Tim at novi tec for a reflash. Need an intake for the carbs ( don't know if the stock mounts will work don't think that they will).

fun lake ski to drag race or rec ride. I need to buff mine to get it shiny again, but my focus is on my xpl this winter.
I'm debating getting an xpl. It will be easier if I dump this last hx I have. Don't you have brm's on your rxx? What kind of jetting if so.

Your gonna need spigot mount intakes to run those buckshots. Also njrealtor is running stock carbs with accelerator pump deleted. Hes got it set up rich with 180 main jets and I believe 95 or 100 lows. My coffman xpl with buckshots had 100 lows and 165 highs. I believe oem RXX specs call for a staggered jetting setup @ 175 mag and 177.5 pto. (Dont quote me on that one)

Also i know I gotta find out the screws for that fuel rail but whats the status of those carbs and rail? Did u get em yet?

Your gonna need spigot mount intakes to run those buckshots. Also njrealtor is running stock carbs with accelerator pump deleted. Hes got it set up rich with 180 main jets and I believe 95 or 100 lows. My coffman xpl with buckshots had 100 lows and 165 highs. I believe oem RXX specs call for a staggered jetting setup @ 175 mag and 177.5 pto. (Dont quote me on that one)

Also i know I gotta find out the screws for that fuel rail but whats the status of those carbs and rail? Did u get em yet?
I have the rail carbs just cleared customs and are on the way....

That trailer is going be looking good rolling down the ramp with a minty RXX and 95XP800

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Yes, I'm jetted rich at 180 mains with the high speed screws shut. Mag carb is jetted higher in oem setup I believe, but I feel the staggered jetting is a waste of time. I may rejet to 175 mains for this summer depending if I keep my rxx as is, or if I convert it to a white pipe stock setup.

It's great to see this going back together.

It's the mag cylinder that was jetted slightly higher originally I think.

yup... mag cylinder is jetted higher. Its actually a 5 point stagger. So 177.5 mag & 172.5 on PTO. Found the spec I had on file.
RXX Jetting.JPG

Triple X Buckshot fuel rail

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Lol triple x?

Looks prettt nice! I really hope my measurements were close enough. The mantra close enough for government work usually suffices. We shall see...

Lol triple x?

Looks prettt nice! I really hope my measurements were close enough. The mantra close enough for government work usually suffices. We shall see...
If they are off you are going to have to sell me those novi 48s[emoji14]

Only number I changed was the filter hole. You called out .280, 9/32 is .281. That's a standard end mill, I plunged in to cut the pocket rather than drilling in. Just preference that's all.

Only number I changed was the filter hole. You called out .280, 9/32 is .281. That's a standard end mill, I plunged in to cut the pocket rather than drilling in. Just preference that's all.

Glad u were able to produce from the drawings. It looks like u were even able to put a nice chamfer on the filter holes. I didn't have a great way of depicting it or annotating the drawing but looks like u nailed it anyway.

Couple brass fittings, some screws, mikuni filters, and cpl orings and the thing should be good to go. Really not sure on the size of the orings though for the filters.

If I don't like the brms, I'll have to put on my big boy britches and buy a new set.....
With the coffman pipe they've been great on the buoy course since your basically always on the throttle hard. Its only on the bottom that they have been picky. Once you get past the low end hesitation and bog they've carbureted fine. Theres a number of potential sources for that bog too, I just haven't delved too deep into. I'm very curious to see the difference with the novi 48's.

With the coffman pipe they've been great on the buoy course since your basically always on the throttle hard. Its only on the bottom that they have been picky. Once you get past the low end hesitation and bog they've carbureted fine. Theres a number of potential sources for that bog too, I just haven't delved too deep into. I'm very curious to see the difference with the novi 48's.
I hear it's an omg difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back