The rebirth of the RXX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't ride if waters to cold a cold seizure would SUCK

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I don't like the brms, I'll have to put on my big boy britches and buy a new set.....

Check with me before you drop that kinda loot. I have a lot of different brands of 951 carbs.

But honestly if you don't like the billet Buckshots they are either not jetted correctly or they were never upgraded to the push in style Mikuni needle and seats. The carbon fiber guy Minne and I use has a twin piped HX with those carbs. He had the billet Buckys first, then the Novi 48's. I ended up with the Buckshots and he wanted them back because he liked them better then the Novis.

How cold is too cold for water temp? Or is there such thing?

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!
Good question! I really don't know... I can tell u that my last ride a cpl weeks ago the water temp was prob 55 degrees. The engine block didn't even get hot. The block felt like a bath after sitting for 20 mins. The only thing that got warm was the exhaust manifold and manifold adapter, but it was just warm. I am running dual cooling so I do have more water than average.

I feel like keeping temperatures low reduces piston expansion and would prevent seizure. But I can also see the piston expending faster than the block would allow when it has super cold water flowing through the water jacket. Id like to get some more info on cold seizure as well.

[MENTION=73220]1of500[/MENTION] did you buy that RXX blown or did it blow up on you? I think I remember you saying it failed while you were on it.what was the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=73220]1of500[/MENTION] did you buy that RXX blown or did it blow up on you? I think I remember you saying it failed while you were on it.what was the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought it from an unexperienced guy who did everything wrong
He did a shiittttyyy top end job and didn't align the motor ect ect

Bought it from an unexperienced guy who did everything wrong
He did a shiittttyyy top end job and didn't align the motor ect ect

Did it melt the top end the guy did previously or are you just rebuilding it before it grenades?

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

if I don't rob parts from my RXX this winter, we will have to line both of our RXX's up at the spring ride. :driving:

36.jpg

Thanks to [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] and [MENTION=75609]seadooaddiction[/MENTION]

Me too. I loath the color and "paint splash" look. That just screams 80's hot rod, which was cool.....in the 80's.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Sometimes it's better to be lucky, lol.

I was pretty diligent. I do a lot of design for a living so I'm quite particular and finicky when it comes to details. I just always like to have the template present when having something machined to verify against.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh, I wasn't busting your chops. That just what we always joke about at work when things fit just right. Just like if it was any closer and it would be f'd up. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back