The rebirth of the RXX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
49.jpg

Fml

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Somebody got a lot of run time out of them judging by the wear on the rocker. They must work

I'm so pissed I message the guy and sent him a pic of the inside of the carb.

I'm hoping that it's worse than it looks but it don't look good

Even though the carbs were a bust I ordered the rebuild internals or the engine tonight all oem.

I'm so pissed I message the guy and sent him a pic of the inside of the carb.

Id be asking for some freaking money back. That's just ridiculous and I'm sure those were not cheap

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Id be asking for some freaking money back. That's just ridiculous and I'm sure those were not cheap

95 XP800!!!

That depends on the circumstances they were sold under. If they were advertised as "from a running ski" or "ready to go" then I can see calling him out. If they were just thrown up on a forum like.."hey found these" or "here they are you deal with it" then I would not be upset.

I buy tons of stuff on the used market and this sort of thing is pretty common. All these donor skis died for a reason. In this case it looks like the death involved the ski sinking. The rust will clean up from the billet aluminum fine but I'd be worried about the hardware breaking while you try to get them apart.

That depends on the circumstances they were sold under. If they were advertised as "from a running ski" or "ready to go" then I can see calling him out. If they were just thrown up on a forum like.."hey found these" or "here they are you deal with it" then I would not be upset.

I buy tons of stuff on the used market and this sort of thing is pretty common. All these donor skis died for a reason. In this case it looks like the death involved the ski sinking. The rust will clean up from the billet aluminum fine but I'd be worried about the hardware breaking while you try to get them apart.

That's true, it all depends on the circumstance of the sale. If I was told that these carbs were clean and ready to go, I'd be pissed.

95 XP800!!!

I bet all that surface rust comes right off with a wire wheel or some naval jelly. Its more work than I am sure you anticipated but its just time in the end.

I bet all that surface rust comes right off with a wire wheel or some naval jelly. Its more work than I am sure you anticipated but its just time in the end.
My concern is the screws being seized by rust

That's the plan. I'm so irritated with the situation I don't want to look at them atm

280 is a bit high for carbs in that condition. look at it this way, if you drill all the hardware out and install new ss hardware then you at least know where you are with the carbs. the only thing that stinks is the $$ that will be involved in updating them to the push-in needle & seats, and possibly even the bomb site modification from Miller.

280 is a bit high for carbs in that condition. look at it this way, if you drill all the hardware out and install new ss hardware then you at least know where you are with the carbs. the only thing that stinks is the $$ that will be involved in updating them to the push-in needle & seats, and possibly even the bomb site modification from Miller.
40 of it was shipping
Didn't expect them to be full of rust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back