That Escalated Quickly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a spray paint that matches the 95 xp800 pink? Need it for some engine part painting at a later time

IF you are doing a resto, nothing on the engine was pink. The mounts, plate and pipe I think were purple.

Not a fan of the purple. Honestly may do a resto on the 95 and do the resto-mod on the 96 since the 95 is far more desirable as a resto then a resto-mod. We will see tho.

Innovative tool you’ve got there

I can hook you up on the measurements if you need them. it is pretty simple. I saw this as the only safe way to get the PTO off the shaft without distorting the crank or with less of a chance to distort the crank. :)

You know you can get the proper PTO/ impeller removal tool for like 15 bucks, right?
The impeller tool will not help when you can't lock the crank and if it is a really tight one it will strip the splines. It also will not work on the HX, or 97+ XP's, the easiest is a chain wrench.

The impeller tool will not help when you can't lock the crank and if it is a really tight one it will strip the splines. It also will not work on the HX, or 97+ XP's, the easiest is a chain wrench.

Agreed on the chain wrench for 96-97 HX and 97 XP, moot issue on the 98+ XP since they're all 951's anyways.
I have not stripped a PTO using the impeller tool, but I could see it happening on an already compromised PTO. If something is really tight, 30 seconds with MAPP gas usually makes them come apart with ease. I also don't care to use an impact taking them off, if the breaker bar doesn't do the trick then my 4' pipe wrench has never failed.
As far as locking the crank down outside of the cases, I just throw them in my shop press locking down the outermost crank weight to keep from potentially twisting a crank I intend to reuse. Same can be done with a vice

I really enjoy working on them too. I have quite a few and am looking at a few more. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back