1992 SP Won't Rev with MPEM connected to coil.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofl337

I just bought this SP that needed a new top end. When I finished getting everything together I went to start it and it wouldn't run (no spark). This was with the original MPEM a 278000200 as soon as I unplugged the Black/Red going to the coil from the MPEM it fired right up. I ran water to it and tuned up the low speed on the carb to dark brown no issues. I stabbed the throttle a few times no issues.

I found that the *262 MPEM superseded the *200 and purchased a used tested unit Seadoo unit on ebay. I installed it and now it runs but I'm hitting what seems to be the rev limiter. Same deal unplug black/red and revs fine. I took it out on the water with black/red unplugged and it runs great. I plug back in the wire and rev limit.

I bought another MPEM, I bought on ebay (Sea-Doo-MPEM-CDI-Computer-SP-SPI-SPX-HX-580-587-650-717-720-95-96-1995-1996 by bayareapowersports I can't link because I'm new ) admittedly for the wrong years. After chasing the wiring diagrams again I was able to get the SP to fire up but I'm still hitting rev limit. I'm more concerned I can't turn it off without unplugging the spark plugs then the issue with the rev limit.

I checked the battery voltage and I'm at 14.85v while running. The battery is brand new as well. Plugs are BR7ES running dark brown. The impeller moves freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back