95 GTS 580 stalls

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jkenniker

I have a 1995 GTS with some weird issue. bought it as a project cheap got it running took it out to test it and ran great for 15 minutes then started stalling with 2 beeps after 5-8 seconds. I did some testing and found found it will run great with the black and red wire unhooked. had a spare MPEM similar issue but it came with it so I ordered a new one. put the new one in and shortly after same issue. Cylinder head temp sensor checks out okay. Tried a known good voltage regulator because I had a spare. Kill switch operates as it should. have the black/red wire on a toggle switch just to test it and had it out for 3 hours of riding and sometimes going to start it i have to pull the 5amp fuse and reinstall otherwise i have no power anywhere. Is there anything i am missing before i throw a stator in it?

Not sure about those older skis but you likely have a rectiier that might be the issue. There are checks for the stator, ohm readings.

Not sure about those older skis but you likely have a rectiier that might be the issue. There are checks for the stator, ohm readings.
I have swapped that off of a known good one. did the stator today just because i had a free afternoon but will start and run healthy for 5-10 seconds then shut off.

I was looking through my pile the other day. I have a whole gray box that might work on that ski. Strange that it runs for a short time. Are you positive it is not getting fire??

Spark Testor.jpg

MPEMS Gray Boxes (8).JPG

I was looking through my pile the other day. I have a whole gray box that might work on that ski. Strange that it runs for a short time. Are you positive it is not getting fire??

View attachment 64264

View attachment 64265
yes the black-red wire is the wire that grounds out the coil. that comes from the stator to the coil back to MPEM i have that ran to a second kill switch to take it out. runs great on the water the way i have it would just rather have it operating correctly. have tried a couple different MPEM on off amazon and 2 that came with the ski all do the same thing for the most part.

Back