94 seadoo spx weak spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Sethf13

Hello everyone. I know there are several other posts out there about this but I wanted to see if anyone had some answers to my specific situation. I recently bought a 94 spx that would spark one in a hundred times. It would fire every once in a while but would not spark most of the time. Replaced the mpem (more on that later), stator, rectifier, coil, coil wires and plugs. Still not starting. When I unplug the red and black wire from the mpem to the coil I get consistent spark but my guess is it’s not strong enough? I’ve tested the wire going to the coil when it is plugged into the mpem and I’m. It getting a good reading. I get some smoke out of the exhaust but doesn’t really sound like it’s firing. It has good compression. I’m going to order another mpem to try next weekend. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Are the MPEM's you have been ordering aftermarket? The aftermarket ones have been known to be less than reliable.

Yes, the first one was from amazon. I just got one in from Bay Area power sports but haven’t installed it yet. Where would you suggest to get one?

Back