That Escalated Quickly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffe723

Recently bought a 95 720 xp for my girlfriend. Then turned around and bought a 97 spx for myself because I wanted an 800. Both of which I am rebuilding. Butttt.... I bought more today... lol

Two 95’s and a 96 xp. $1000

Tons of extra parts. Multiple MPEM two UMI.

Lol how did I do??

IMG_2374.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

Recently bought a 95 720 xp for my girlfriend. Then turned around and bought a 97 spx for myself because I wanted an 800. Both of which I am rebuilding. Butttt.... I bought more today... lol

Two 95’s and a 96 xp. $1000

Tons of extra parts. Multiple MPEM two UMI.

Lol how did I do??

View attachment 38433

View attachment 38434

View attachment 38435
That one is a good one. It's a 95 xp 800....only 500 made. The hood is worth some jack and the seat....does it have the x motor in it?

Hell you got two 95 xp 800s there...what did you pay? Sorry have to ask...give us some under seat pics.

Sorry just reread your post you hid it good. The Umi setup is $400 but the one looks like just handlebars if that is then you really don't got Jack on that one. Where are you located? I might be interested and one of the 800s to restore

I think there were only 500 of the 95 XP 800 "X" engine models made. More of the standard ones I am pretty sure.

I'm in upstate NY. I picked them up yesterday in Pennsylvania. Second ski does only have UMI bars but have another UMI in the box of parts. Paid $1000 for everything, including one single trailer. The 96 is complete, runs but needs a tune up. Both 95's are in pieces.

Getting rid of one of them ASAP. Building two, then scrapping a 97 spx hull that I have that was in an accident. So I’ll be building two of them in this trailer and then selling the extra hull or scrapping it too. Idk. Not sure how much of a market for a stripped 95 hull

I'd like to see pics of the parts pile. A guy that bought 2 UMI setups likely spent on other aftermarket goodies too. Great buy.

The guy I bought all this from acquired over the years. All the skis have aftermarket intake grates, several sets of flame arrestors, factory pipe, the 96 has a tdr water box, grate and trim tabs. Several MPEM’s with DESS keys. No idea if they work or not. Supposedly have Solas props. I’ll know more tomorrow when I start tearing into them.

I'd like to buy those extra aftermarket parts that you don't intend to use. Let me know where you are at price wise. I could buy one item or everything.

You keep telling of more and more good stuff and I keep hating you more and more, lol. I would be sitting in the middle of parts pile saying "MINE..... ALL MINE!" My 95 800 had the 787X and I swapped with a 96 I had, the x was tired and I remember something about maybe the gears on counter balancer were changed in 96, only 20 years ago. You didn't strike gold, you found a gold mine.

Lots of good parts in the mix here. Have some pics of the 96 I will be posting here shortly. Had a little time to mess with the stuff. The 96 stator is all rusted to shit. Going to give that some attention. Guy said it was running but idk after seeing it. Kinda hard to turn over as well. MPEM does match the key he gave me for the 96 specifically so that's a step in the right direction. All three have worx intake grates on them. Swiped the one off the tired 95 hull. Plan to throw that hull out if no one comes and gets it. I have it posted in local Facebook for free so if someone wants a 95 Xp 800 hull. ITS FREE COME GET IT.

Did some wet sanding, swapped some parts from the 95 to get to where I want the 96 since the 95 is going to be the extended restoration/build. The 96 will clean up good, I’ll do some mechanical adjustments a fresh seat cover and add some PWCgraphics and it will be ready for the water. Here’s a few pics.

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

I remember the 95 xp 800 had a factory trued hull, heard that a few times anyways, and no carbon ring, twin needle bearings 2 seals, 1 seal replaced in 20 years.

I have a 96XP that I am finishing up on... slowly. I'm gonna need to go in and replace the flywheel as it has some teeth missing. Runs pretty good though. :D :D I also have a 96XP parts ski. Motor won't come apart though... salt water. I'm gonna gut it and trash the hull. Sad though.... these skis are sooooo fine. :) The hull is in really good shape. :(

One of the motors i have is in the same boat. trying my best to take it apart.

I fought a 787 for a week trying to get all the head bolts out. I let it soak, tried some heat, acetone mix, penetrating oil, air chisel on a wrench. LOL I was mostly experimenting. I got 9 out of 12 but the engine was toast after I opened it up. I keep thinking of a way to soften this stuff up. I think ultra sonic with high temp and submerge the whole engine. That salt sure can ruin an engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back