Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
You could split the case and check out the crank, Does it leak oil from the rotary valve cavity? If it’s good might be an idea to just do a top end on it, should be able to get it done for around 500.00. I hear a lot of bad about the SBT engines on here. Is that a 717 in your SPX? I’m to lazy to look back in the thread

You could split the case and check out the crank, Does it leak oil from the rotary valve cavity? If it’s good might be an idea to just do a top end on it, should be able to get it done for around 500.00. I hear a lot of bad about the SBT engines on here. Is that a 717 in your SPX? I’m to lazy to look back in the thread

Right I would want to open it up- I'm just hesitant to snap bolts off.

When I bought the 'Doo it came with two extra blown motors so I tried opening up one and kept snapping the bolts off the head cover. Couldn't remove the headcover either. I am unsure if SBT would still take it as a core if the bolts are stuck and mangled up.

Ideally it would be nice to open 'er up and replace & clean whats necessary. It's a 657x Rotax in this year SPX 👍

Right I would want to open it up- I'm just hesitant to snap bolts off.

When I bought the 'Doo it came with two extra blown motors so I tried opening up one and kept snapping the bolts off the head cover. Couldn't remove the headcover either. I am unsure if SBT would still take it as a core if the bolts are stuck and mangled up.

Ideally it would be nice to open 'er up and replace & clean whats necessary. It's a 657x Rotax in this year SPX 👍
Oh, those 657’s are a lot of fun, move right along

Back