Spraying Bombardier Lube in Air Intake Silencer?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik of Montreal

Hey guys,

I was just skimming my 2002 GTX DI manual as I do at the beginning of every year and noticed that Bombardier recommends adding their spray lubricant in the Air Intake Silencer. Ahhh, I've never, ever, done this. Do you guys? If so, whoops. How often I am supposed to be doing this? (the manual is vague, as usual), and what is the purpose of doing it. What parts are lubricated through this opening?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I was just skimming my 2002 GTX DI manual as I do at the beginning of every year and noticed that Bombardier recommends adding their spray lubricant in the Air Intake Silencer. Ahhh, I've never, ever, done this. Do you guys? If so, whoops. How often I am supposed to be doing this? (the manual is vague, as usual), and what is the purpose of doing it. What parts are lubricated through this opening?

Thanks

Never,,,, I have never been in salt water until this year. So that may make a difference. Something to look into..

I've never taken my ski into salt water either, only rivers and lakes. Your thinking is that this is the deciding factor?

Thanks for the response Joe!

I've never, I ride in salt water. I do fig the engine when I'm not going out weekend to weekend.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I am pretty new to the salt water thing. I now live in Florida. So,,, I need to learn all the things that I NEVER use to care about. Such as spraying the engine down with CRC ect ect. Owned skis for 20 years and never did anything above maintenance and ride them. Now I need to pay more attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never, I ride in salt water. I do fig the engine when I'm not going out weekend to weekend.

I don't think I have ever "figged" my engine either, I do fog it for winter storage. Maybe I'm wrong but I always figured with a 2-stroke the internals get constant oil.

Lou

Lol, dang auto correct. Thanks Lou.

I can't stand figs either.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I thought it was a strange thing to do.....but it's there in the manual in black and white as maintenance. Weird, very weird.

Come on guys have I not taught you anything??? ;) Its not a saltwater thing either..

Fogging a two stroke motor is the cheapest thing you can do to protect your motor. If you can do it after every ride they will last a heck of a lot longer than if you dont. Im not totally religious with doing it myself, but if I know they will sit longer than a few days I try to get out there and do it.

The reason why is there is always water in the exhaust...no matter how much you brapp it out at the end of the day. That water evaporates, travels up the pipe, and then condensates on the nice unprotected steel parts...mainly ball bearings and cylinder sleeves.

Specifically on the OPs machine they made a slick sprayer in the 951s after 2000ish that you just hook a hose to. On the older machines 580-787 just pop the nipple off the air filter and spray it towards the carbs for 20-30sec with it running. Then I rev it which it will choke on gulping the fogging oil off the bottom and spray it everywhere. I kill the motor as it finishes burning that oil.

No need to use the expensive seadoo stuff...any type will do. I perfer the Napa brand the smell makes me get a chubby...lol

I fog after every ride, just the fogging oil from autozone. I know it's probably excessive but it's cheap and gives me a peace of mind

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Wow, ok, who knew? :) I guess I'll start fogging ASAP.

Can I do this while I flush to cooling system with the hose after every ride?

Is there a risk of putting too much oil in the system. A steady stream for 30 seconds sounds like a lot of oil?

Thanks!!

There's never too much other than the cloud of smoke you make when burning it off. Yes do it while flushing the system.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I am wondering about the 30 seconds - I have never been able to get more than 5-10 seconds before the motor dies. (this also applies to some 2-stroke outboards that I have). The injection is through the hole in the top of the air intake. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Just spray some in and let off before it dies, then hit it again, and let off then finally kill it with the mutha load. At least that's how I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back