Speed Sensor wheel on 05' Challenger 180 or speedo adjustment?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsy15

Hey, getting near the end of season so don't know if I will get out to test this more or not before spring. The Speedo on my 05 Challenger is off reporting -12 mph (boat going 43 mph on GPS, speedo reads 28-29)

Found a long lost Technical bulletin on another forum that shows on the back of the Speedo you can remove a plug and use a 2mm allen key to turn the speedo bias up or down.

Do you think thats the problem/solution? or could it have anything to do with the speed sensor paddle wheel on the back (pic) ? It spins freely and has a bit of play left to right (not sure if thats normal or not)

Attachments

• PXL_20200929_204441088.jpg
    PXL_20200929_204441088.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 7
I have an 2011 speedster. Same issue with the speedo being way off. I looked at the wheel at the back and it spins freely.

The adjustment is only for the 200 series as far as I know unless you have multiple gauges instead of a single LCD unit.

This 05 is pre-LCD, it has 4 gauges. I think the Tech Bulletin was for this year/model. I will attach it here

Attachments

• 2005_Boats_Tech Update_Troubleshooting.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Well if turning the bias with a 2mm allen key gets it better or near close to accurate above 10Mph then its worth a try in the spring I think. Here's hoping

Nice! I would guess the LCD version could be more accurate. The analog dial and needle is wandering or not responding to the signal inputs and mine is almost 12 mph off. First spring project, right after de-winterizing, installing Hydro-turf and maybe buying a Mission Delta 2.0! ;-) then the speedo fix....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back