VCM isnt working. No fuel or speed indication

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

A.Watt

I just bought a 2007 Speedster 150 215hp and the dash doesn't show speed or fuel level. I traced down the cable and found previous owners had bypassed the vcm and spliced directly into the ECU white/black and white/red cables. I rewired the splice and reconnected cables form dash to VCM cables. Now I have no feed back at all. My best guess is the VCM is shot. The next chance I get I plan on pulling the VCM and opening it to see if it is something simple like an internal fuse, but probably not. I was looking at different ideas and have found a fuel gauge and speed gauge I can just install and wire in. So a few questions?

Where can I buy a VCM since they don't make them anymore? I have checked ebay with no luck and called a few local dealers.

What is the factory fuel sensor output? ohms or 4-20ma or something different (hopes in using existing sensor with a separate gauge and not drilling a new hole in fuel tank)

Same thing for the Speed sensor? I would like to use what is there before making modifications to the mount.

The boat runs great but beeps due to not seeing fuel level. Can removing the VCM from the electric system and alarm affect the operation of the boat? It didn't want to crank when I first rewired it but then fired right up (I didn't change anything to make this happen)

Back