Solas impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

easygoing

Anyone ever mess with the solas impellers? I was thinking about buying some and was wondering were they worth the money? My stock ones are really messed up at all from what I can tell. What do stock seadoo speedsters come with?Contacted solas they just gave the impeller # i needed and told me to contact a local dealer.

Solas impellers are very good. They are known to be efficient. that gives them better top speed, and distance abilities. (for the concord versions) And, as you found out... they do not sell direct. Go you your favorite shop, and have them order them for you.

I personally like Skat-Trak because they give the best "out of the hole" performance. (with a slight loss up top)

Do you have to replace anything else if you replace the impellers? :stupid:

Yes and no....

No... you don't have to... BUT...

Normally if your impellers are messed up, your wear rings are going to need replaced, and since you will be in the pump... be ready to change the bearings and seals. If the oil is clean in the pump housing... they will probably be OK.

Oh... and when you order the impellers... get a impeller tool. it fits down in the splines so you can unthread the impeller from the pump shaft. Along with that, get 2 new pump gaskets (cheap, $5) a tube of black RTV sealant, and a quart of GL5 75W90 synthetic gear lube from the auto parts store. (don't buy the overpriced stuff from the dealer)

Last edited by a moderator:
My mistake....the impellers are NOT messed up at all from what I can tell. This is the only prob I have had. Seems the boat has lost 2-3 miles an hour since I owned it( on the top end) I was wanting to do an upgrade that is worth it but simple a the same time.

I had the plugs changed when I purchased the boat last year. I let a SEADOO shop rape me! It was after that when I noticed the slow down. I just last week dropped it off again to have the oil and plugs changed...just waiting for it to warm up a little to see how it runs. This is gonna sound well......I just want to do something to the boat. Some mod that bolts on,changes out, something that gives you the most bang for your buck! I want to spend some money, not waste it ( if that makes any sense) Impeller came to mind.

Is there anything "simple" I can do to get more power?

Make it jet powered?? j/k from what I have seen like Honda said impellers are the best bang but pitch will either give you better hole shot or more speed it is a small sacrafice either way but I can't think of any other mods to make these go faster, maybe wax the bottom of the boat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back