2016 RXP 300 Engine Temp Overheat Cannot fix

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ian In Bahrain

Hi Chaps

I live in Bahrain & purchased a 2016 RXPX 300 around 7 months ago.

Long story short , Seller left out both drain plugs and i had no idea ( 1st ever sit down ski and i suppose the biggest noob mistake ever ) and subsequently the ski flooded & pretty much sank half way between Bahrain & Saudi Arabia. Managed to get it towed back by a fishing boat and here's where the troubles started.

All drained out, cleaned & 4-5 oil changes later it was running again. used it few times but after a few weeks started saying " Check Engine " Then " High Engine Temperature " , Put it into a local shop they didn't fix it. Then i put it into Seadoo main dealer. They said this and said that , changed temp sensors , changed thermostat etc etc. Then they said wiring loom issue and i must replace so i did ( Crazy money ) . 1st trip out within 2 mins same issue. Obviously not the wiring loom ! , Now the ski has been in & out of Seadoo for going on 3-4 months now and still they have no clue whatsoever what to do. It only does it on sports mode and when either flat out or spinning round ( doughnuts etc )

If anybody has had a similar issue or has any ideas i would really really appreciate some help as its driving me crazy now.

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• PHOTO-2022-10-21-15-11-43.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-10-21-15-11-43.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 5
Cooling issues are either actually cooling issues or sensor issues.

Without software like the CanDoo software, you are really at the mercy of the competency of the dealer.

One thing you can try is using a laser thermometer and shooting the metal on both the exhaust and engine coolant sensor areas.

Ask the dealer which sensor was throwing the code because the engine and exhaust cooling are 2 different systems.

Hi Mac

Thanks for the reply mate.

Dealer said it was code P 0298 but i really doubt their abilities now. I saw their test guy get on the ski start it cold and then sport mode and full throttle. Blasted the hell out him when he got back in as he didn't even let it warm up.

They said changed both Thermostats and the Temperature sensor along with the oil radiator , fluids and wiring harness. I honestly think after all this time they have zero competency on what they are doing. No clue at all how to fix it.

Back