Seadoo XP Gas Tanks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

popasodatastie

I'm tring to figure out if i can get a larger fuel tank in the hull of my 96 seadoo xp with the 787cc rotax i have the 8 or 9 gallon tank spance is pretty limited. If anyone has an idea they are greatly needed. The one thing i hate is going out on the river and only being able to mess around for about an hour on a full tank of gas.
Thanks

WOT......more gas!...

Yeah, that is a problem when it comes to having fun!.....but, if you can, it would be a mod. But remember, if you do you increase the weight and stability of the craft, depending on how many more gallons you add to it. Plus, if you move the tank anymore forward, you'll add weight to the nose and will cause it to dip.....you'll also loose top end ......so, it may be worth thinking about.

You may be best served, bringing an extra portable gas can, finding a place on the river to secure it and then, when in need, go back for that extra 6 gallons.............:cheers:

You can use a 12 gallon gas tank from a 95 GTX, 96 GTi, or a 96&97 GTS (I'm sure there's others with the same tank). The filler tubes are in different places so you will need to use flexible marine fuel filler hose in a large loop. You should also install a couple of hose protectors and use T-bolt clamps on the ends. Your storage bucket won't fit anymore and you will need the straps and pickup baffle from the GTi. The engine will have to be removed to install the tank and you will have to relocate the front electrical box. Hope this helps!:coolgleam:

Chester

ok i'm thinking about getting 2 2gal tanks that are able to sit on eather side of 9 gallon tank thats stock with the ski i figure if i place them back as far as i could it may not throw the ski too far out of balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back