SeaDoo XP 96’ reads key and beeps 4 times

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubves

Hello, i have a 96 xp 800. Bought a MPEM for it but i can see that it belongs to a GTX and not a xp. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 96 GTX MPEM so i can install it in my xp by cutting wires and clamp on a quick connector instead of factory connectors?

(Im bought the whole front grey e box btw..)

okay, found a diagram for the GTX but now i need the diagram for the xp 800 to know what wires goes to what. i also found out the GTX didnt have VTS, so its not possible to connect my VTS?

I hope you have not cut any wires yet! The MPEM's will work in either grey box. The GTX MPEM (part # ending in 897) has a grey wire for a tach signal but otherwise they are the same. All wires are color coded you just need to pay attention to the first 3 red wires on the MPEM. The fist is power coming in for the rear E-box, second goes to the rectifier/regulator....

the thing is that the previous owner changed everything in the old ebox, so i cant see any other solution..

New and old

Attachments

• 6101ABAA-4948-444B-80AA-6F3D27706280.jpeg
    6101ABAA-4948-444B-80AA-6F3D27706280.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • B6AB241C-28C3-4DE0-B314-EDEA367E9FC5.jpeg
    B6AB241C-28C3-4DE0-B314-EDEA367E9FC5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
You can run the E-box in the XP. For the VTS you need a single wire coming from a purple wire in the grey box. That is 12v power when the ignition is on. You can rob wire from the XP box to keep from having to cut and splice. The 3 wire to the DESS post will be different and so will wires to the gauges.

so the wires to the gauges i will have to cut then?
i didnt have a dess post from before just had a deadmansbutton since the MPEM was changed so the dess-post is fine :)

You can run the E-box in the XP. For the VTS you need a single wire coming from a purple wire in the grey box. That is 12v power when the ignition is on. You can rob wire from the XP box to keep from having to cut and splice. The 3 wire to the DESS post will be different and so will wires to the gauges.

So i have to cut the wires going to the gauges and connect the cut ones to the ones already in the ski then?

You have to quit playing ball with whatever is in the 2nd pic and work with the grey box in the 1st pic. I'm not kidding about that 2nd pic those are not 96 Seadoo parts of any kind.

i know that they not original thats why i bought a new ebox. i have the old ebox in storage for spare wires. so the GTX ebox has wires going to the speedo/VTS and info, do i need to cut the wires and connect them to the wires going to the gauges or is there an other way to connect it? (dont want to cut if its not necessary)

All the wires are color coded by function. The 6 pin in the engine plugs in and then the flat 4 coming from the rear ebox. Now you need the start stop 2-wire(black and yellow with red stripe) and the DESS post 3-wire plug and if you have a runner if you have the coded key for your new grey box.

The wires come out of those plastic plugs with a pin removal tool. I think there is something at local auto parts stores that has the capability. You only have to cut and splice wires in areas where you have 2 males or 2 females to connect. Weather Pack Terminal Pin Removal Extractor Disassembly Tool Weatherpack 2 each | eBay

If i order a til like that it will take 1 month atleast before it hets here and its 560 norwegian krones, about 60 dollars? Cant i just cut the wires? I have connectors that slides together if i were to cut the wires.

done wiring but there are some wires coming from the ebox that have nowhere to go is it fine to just let them be or should i do something about them? i connected the battery and the key, got 2 beeps that it read the key and after that i got 4 beeps. what is wrong? is it to do with the wires that goes to nothing? The gauges doenst light up either.

The 4 beep thing happens sometimes but always goes away. It's not your wire work but times when the MPEM can't read the CDI. If it happens when I'm on the water I've noticed that I can take a key from another ski and put on it. After I get the 1 beep that means "wrong key" the 4 beeps stop with the right key.

The extra wires will not hurt anything but you will need them to get the gauges working again. The purple is the power and black the ground. You can push the start/stop button without the lanyard on and it will provide power to the purple wire for 30 seconds. The purple wire that goes into the hood provides power to all 3 gauges.

it beeps 4 times every time i put the key on, and when i try the reserve key the same thing happens?

Edit: So the extra wires is just for the gauges? then its fine, my priority was to get it running before the summer is over :) can get the gauges to work after ive had my fun. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back