1996 seadoo xp no spark no gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I rebuild an xp, whole engine, most components. Lost the OEM MPEM in the mail so I got an aftermarket one. Seems to work, it beeps twice when key is on and will turn over fine. I have no spark or gauges though. Replaced coil, starter solenoid, stator, and flywheel, I have no idea. Maybe the rectifier? Holder relay? CDI? I might clean all the grounds, I did them in the engine bay but not the MPEM.

Also I did have a random grey wire in the new MPEM but the only grey/white wire go to DESS so I plugged it in.. even tho it says “tachometer” on the aftermarket wiring diagram.

With an aftermarket MPEM I don't know if we will be much help. Those things are known to be questionable.

With an aftermarket MPEM I don't know if we will be much help. Those things are known to be questionable.
Gotcha, I also bought another OEM one but when I put the key on with that it just keeps beeping.. I think bc the key isn’t paired to it. I might try the OEM one again not sure what to do.

Yes, you have to pair the lanyard to the MPEM, that is what the single beep is telling you.

I rebuild an xp, whole engine, most components. Lost the OEM MPEM in the mail so I got an aftermarket one. Seems to work, it beeps twice when key is on and will turn over fine. I have no spark or gauges though. Replaced coil, starter solenoid, stator, and flywheel, I have no idea. Maybe the rectifier? Holder relay? CDI? I might clean all the grounds, I did them in the engine bay but not the MPEM.

Also I did have a random grey wire in the new MPEM but the only grey/white wire go to DESS so I plugged it in.. even tho it says “tachometer” on the aftermarket wiring diagram.
Did you clean the grounds at the mpem?
Ever get your problem solved? The no spark issue ?

Back