seadoo xp 110hp will not spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadooxpandmore

hello

Jimmy Form the netherlands here.

i have a seadoo xp 110hp probably from 96 since a week ore two.

when i bought the seadoo it worked fine, once home it would not start and after checking the plugs they sparked only ones on the moment i push the start button continuously after opening the fuse box checking the fuses and putting the wires back together it started and i used the seado for about 30 minutes in this time is turned it of and on a few times just the last time i turned it of it would not start again ( engine was turning and when installing the key it beeps 2 times )

Does anyone have a idee what it could be?

Thank you in advance

How about corrosion inside the electrical connectors, it's old and if this ski is a saltwater ski it's bound to have extra corrosion in the wiring harness?

You should download the Seadoo factory manual for your model, it includes troubleshooting advice in the ignition section 08-02 try WWW dot seadoomanuals dot com to locate this manual.

On the lower screw of the coil you will find several grounds, that ground travels thru the connector at the top of the box and goes direct to the battery. Use a meter and check continuity from that lower screw direct to the battery. It can be kinda common that the pins at the top of the plug corrode or the wire breaks right at the connection where it attaches to the battery. With out that ground you get no spark

Possible help in the following thread, but keep your posts in this one please. The link is only for reference
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?69020-1997-787-No-Spark-Possible-causes

462.jpg

Pic courtesy of Krispy, if you look close enough you can see corosion

347.jpg

Sportster-2001-951C-Stock and racerxxx thank you very much for your reaction!

I took out all electric cables and boxes including the trim cleaned all contacts and isolated all cables. the seadoo still douse not want to start. it douse start for 2 seconds every time i put the key on de seadoo but stops automatically after this 2 second when i try to start again it turns around but stays dead if i take of the key and put it back again it douse the same.

when i take out the spark plugs they continuously spark when starting after the first time i put the key on the seadoo only when i try to start the seadoo whit the plugs in and take them out after running for 2 seconds they spark only once every time i hit the start button.

i'm out of idees and can only think it has something to do whit some sort of start blockade?

Hope to get some suggestions.

ps: where can i introduce myself on this forum?

Time for a new battery. It takes a real healthy one to start a 787 because if the load placed on it drags it under 10v it will loose spark but continue to turn over. Do not jump it from a boosted source like a battery charger or a running vehicle. Just take a strong battery and connect it with cables to see if it will crank right up every time like that, then you know the low voltage while cranking is what's messing with you.

Thanks Matt,

I charged the battery before and filed it up whit destiled water so it should have bean good i anyway just took a new battery from my sj700 and still get the same problem.

I was with Matt it sure sounded like a battery. From there I would suggest what others have brought up. From there it will be time to swap things like the mpem, cdi, and maybe open the front mag housing and see if the the pickup is breaking off.

Just FYI new shitty batteries can do this. And said batteries can work in other machines and not work in a 787 machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back