2004 seadoo gti le rfi will not rev it just stays at 1k rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have a 2004 seadoo gti le rfi and I just got a rebuild done on it it ran fine before I did the rebuild it just had some low compression. I got done with the rebuild and it would not start at all so I did the rotary valve and replaced both injectors and now it will start if I have the throttle applied and stay at 700-1000 rpms but as soon as I let out of the throttle it dies

Where do I go from here no dealership near me in Kansas City Mo has a scanner that can reset my TPs the only thing that hasn’t been done to it is it’s never been plugged into a computer I’m so lost

On my first jet ski my rectifier went out and it made the jet ski go into like a limp mode with no RPM

I find the Candoo computer diagnostics very little help on the RFI. There is not much electronics you can actually do anything with on the RFI. Good old fashioned troubleshooting wins the day. Make sure you have the connectors in the right places. The TPS and one of the other plugs can be swapped easily. That will shut down your TPS signal. Another problem area is the rave valve solenoid and th PTO injector. Check those and make sure you have a GOOD HOT BATTERY !!

You're likley not gonna find a shop that works on the 2-strokes and that's a good thing. They'll just cost you money. You gotta stick with these things and don't give up. Download the manual and get friendly with the wiring diagram. There might be someone in your area that works on the old skis but that doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

People need to get Seadoo Groups together in their areas so they can swap parts and such. I got a shop load of parts and I've swapped parts till the cows come home with engines not running any better.

Back