Seadoo Speedster Engine Swap 94' to 99'

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crainkyl000

Hi,

Does anyone know if an engine from a 1994 Seadoo Speedster will fit in my 1999 Seadoo Speedster SK?

I'm looking at an engine on Ebay and I wanted to confirm that it will fit before I purchase it. Both engine sizes are the same (the 85hp model). The engine motor # from the 94' is 76B112J. My 1999 Speedster is still in storage so I haven't had a chance to check the engine # on it.

Here is the link to the Ebay, if that helps... Auction:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0439411506&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you!

Yes and no.

YES... it will "Fit"

NO... it's not the same engine. The 94 has 657X engines. You have 720's. (and the electrical is different)

I just looked at the add... and that doesn't Jive.

No where does he say "This engine is a 720"... he only says that it should be interchangeable. And since the electronics have been pulled... Yes, you can bolt your 720 coil s on it, mount up your flywheel, and it it will bolt right into the hull.

The "X" engine is only 80 hp, and it's 60cc's smaller.

I think I'm going to send him an email, and ask what it says on the engine tag. (it can be seen in the pictures)

Thank you, Dr Honda!

I really appreciate your help with this. I'm semi-familiar with engines, but not a true gearhead. My brothers are helping me with this project because the original crank case was trashed in my 99' Speedster. It has seemed impossible to find the parts for this job at an affordable price, and this engine was the first option that presented itself. I just don't have a whole lot to spend on fixing this...

Yes that will work, but if your "Core" engine is trashed, you may want to contact him to see what he is charging if you can't send him a core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back