99 speedster Sk seized engine help. FIX or Sell ???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

To2d

Hello Seadoo 2 stroke boaters. THIS IS A SAD ONE :cry:

Over the summer I was out with the family having fun on the lake and an engine cutout. and would not even turn over to start back up.
I took the boat to a well reviewed and reputable PWC and boat shop in the area. I had never dealt with them before this.
I told them no rush with it being the end of the season. A month later they called me and told me the engine seized and needed to be replaced.

This is where I need some help.
Sell it or Fit it???
The boat is in amazing shape, well maintained, super clean "not a drop of oil or grease in the engine bay", and has many add-ons including a brand new fitted color matching (yellow) cover, hydraulic trim tab , 3 year old full hydro tuff install, and Bluetooth sound system 'see my past threads to see all upgrades'

My wife thinks we are starting to out grow it with our kids becoming teens but she also likes the boat and we have alot of fun zipping around and doing 360s.
She also like the idea of replacing it with Seadoo PWC for her and I.

The repair shop says it will be $3,100.00 to replace the engine.
*Do i fix it and use it for another years and sell it?
*Do i not fix it and sell as is? (if so what do sell this boat with one good engine for in WA state)

Just racking my brain on what to do.
Thanks forum!
Looking for advice or question to help you help me. Need to decide soon with the boat at the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back