Seadoo Spark 90hp my review

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rickyp5569

HI Guys

Just wanted to update you all.

I received one of the first Seadoo Sparks in South Africa. Its a 90Hp 2 seater with no other options. She's been affectionately Named "Panda" by my wife cause we got the Black & White model.

We took Panda out yesterday and here is my review.

It's an awesome machine. I haven't had so much fun on a sit down ski since the mid 90's. Its a very playful hull, very sensitive to body weight transfer. It grips in the corners but if you want it to slide you just transfer your weight so that the sponson doesn't hook up. Its so much fun. Also feels very light in the water, very easy to create a setup wakes and jump them, maybe get around 2-3 foot of Air. Also still running it in so I'm not pegging full throttle. The motor is very responsive. In touring mode its easy going and in sports mode the throttle is very sharp and super responsive. I don't think you need more than 90hp. It's not really about going fast. It's more about sliding and playing, 180 Spins and then it's slides backwards into the spray. So much fun. This machine should do really well. Plastic does look a bit cheap but the smile on your face gets you over it. Also it's appears to be light on gas as I only used a sixth of the tank during 1hr 20 min of riding. LOVE IT, well done SEADOO. Must be a different monster in the surf. can't wait to give that a burn out.

IMO we all lost our way to the speed monster. Going as fast as you can is fun for a day or two but it gets dull. Flicking, spinning, jumping sliding is a workout that just SMILES ME.

Also I Think iBR could be awesome to add some extra tricks to the bag but not a major loss.

Tricksta

Congrats on the purchase.

I fully expected the ski to be a blast. HP to hull weight ration justifies that.

Glad to hear you are happy with it.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for posting. Reviews like this are really important to us average recreational riders. To tell the truth I had about decided to wait a year by after your review, you've peaked my interest.

Lou

Thanks for the info. I really wanted before and now your review just makes me want one more. Unfortunately I spent my spark money on the wife a new car. :facepalm: Maybe I can figure something out......

Awesome review thanks, so you didnt get the IBR function?, im thinking of also getting the 90 2 up, and waiting a bit for someone to sell the "3 up" extension.. which Im pretty sure they are gonna do..

Thanks for posting. Reviews like this are really important to us average recreational riders. To tell the truth I had about decided to wait a year by after your review, you've peaked my interest.

Lou

Me too! I have long waited for a ski like this!

Thanks for the review and I agree that we have all become lost in MPH. It's a consistent theme these days as fuel costs can take the fun out of a day on the lake regardless of how fat your wallet is. Nice to hear that it is reasonable on fuel. This sounds like a winner for Seadoo and a whole bunch of families can enjoy some fun on the water at a reasonable price.

Love this craft so much.. I just can't tell you how good it feels. Such a win.
82.jpg
83.jpg
84.jpg
85.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard form a dealer that here in the states, they're going to force the iBr on you if you get the 90hp whether you want it or not. It's to squeeze that extra $2k out of you when you opt for the more power.

I heard form a dealer that here in the states, they're going to force the iBr on you if you get the 90hp whether you want it or not. It's to squeeze that extra $2k out of you when you opt for the more power.

Get the 60 and do a 109 reflash. No ibr. No wasted money. And that 109 vtech reflash makes the spark a whole lot more fun!

Get the 60 and do a 109 reflash. No ibr. No wasted money. And that 109 vtech reflash makes the spark a whole lot more fun!
AGREED! I just saw that last night. And it's only $400. Once someone nearby gets it, I'm sure they'll offer a reflash for half that price. I still think I want to hold out for the next model. I still can't get over how this 1st gen looks, and also want to see how they fare after a year or so.

AGREED! I just saw that last night. And it's only $400. Once someone nearby gets it, I'm sure they'll offer a reflash for half that price. I still think I want to hold out for the next model. I still can't get over how this 1st gen looks, and also want to see how they fare after a year or so.

It is only 400? than if thats true, then it would be better for me, I can just get the 60 hp spark and do that.. from what I read its that its $1200 ??

Go to another dealer. That one is wrong,you can buy them anyway not with IBR only. I have seen a 3up and a 2up without. Both in eastren PA>

?????
Not a chance, they are already at most of the dealers, there are no iBr models out at all yet.

Ok ... I trashed my Wear ring. sucked up a mini twig and it chewed up the wear ring real bad. On a bonus side its really, really, really easy to change the wear ring .. 3 bolts pump off wear ring out. On a MASSIVE negative BRP has no stock and its on back order till the end of Jan.
Seadoo thats a major fail this is a "consumable" part and should be available with release. I have an option of a stainless steel aftermarket but I am nervous. In my opinion the plastic saves the impeller and housing.

A little frustrated

Hey CoastieJoe.

'Ive tried Seadoopartshouse , our local South African Importers as well, Just emailed BRP customer service to see if i get lucky. If you know of any dealers that could help that would be great.

Back