Weak spark in 1998 Seadoo GTX LTD

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ziii

Good Morning Friends.

Hope all are doing good. I recently bought Jetski 1998 Seadoo GTX LTD 951cc. The seller mentioned it was starting and misfiring. so I bought it hoping it to be a small issue to be fixed. the seller has changed the stator coil,starter. I did bought the new Ignition coil. the jetski cranks really well. when i crank i see very weak spark in spark plug tester. i think it tries to start but is unable to due to weak spark. when i put on the key i get 2 beeps. I want to check and get some clarification if its due to MPEM issue and is very expensive as well. please let me know if anyone had same issue and how it was resolved. I am new to this stuff.
Appreciate everyone's response.

Pull off the spark plug boot. It twists back on. Cut off 1/4" of your spark plug wire to expose clean fresh copper. May fix your issue, can't hurt it for sure.

Pull off the spark plug boot. It twists back on. Cut off 1/4" of your spark plug wire to expose clean fresh copper. May fix your issue, can't hurt it for sure.
Thank you for the quick response. I tried that as well yesterday but same weak spark.
it has new ignition coil , new starter and new stator coil. failing to understand why spark is weak.
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

Make sure the end caps off of the old spark plugs aren't stuck up inside your spark plug boot and the new plugs aren't making good contact.

check the both sides of the plug in the rear electrical box, sometimes the wire gets corroded and rotten inside the plug so take the plugs apart for the electrical box to check for corrosion, check the resistance of the wires from the electrical box back to the Mpem
check the resistance of your ground of the electrical box to ground also

i would like to thank all of you who helped me with the troubleshooting, the seller has installed wrong mpem i got the correct mpem and spark is good now

Back