Seadoo newbie question, not sure where to post?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined the forum today and was wondering where to post a question. I have a 2013 GTI130 and 2015 RXP260. My question is the previous owner used marine gas for his time that he had it last summer. I have been using 93 octane from Shell with marine sta bil added. He had a top speed of 69 but i can only go 64-65. Thanks for the help!

Hi and welcome to the Seadoo forum. I'm not sure what marine gas is, at our lake here the gas they sell at most marina's is 90 octane ethanol free. Since my boat stays at the lake this is what I use. If you trailer your ski what you are using is at least equal or maybe even better than the "marine" gas. So performance should be the same.

Honestly I can't imagine that gasoline would make a 5 mph difference, maybe the previous owner was telling a little fib, maybe lake conditions were different, wind, weight ratio, trimmed differently, there are a number of factors. I think my first assumption might be the correct one.

BTW if you are getting 64-65 mph, on a GPS on the GTI 130, don't do a thing. The RXP 260 should hit close to 70 mph, the Govt. has limited the speed on recreational PWC's to 70 mph.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lou, He did say the marine gas was 90 octane and looking at the manual Seadoo actually suggests 91 or higher. It only has 23 hours on it and runs awesome, so much faster to speed than my GTI130 SE. My GTI runs to 55mph no problem, and the difference between the two is pretty big. The RXP handles so much more precise and sure is a blast to drive. Thanks for the response, looking forward to making new friends on the Seadoo forum! tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back