Seadoo gtx 650 1994

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomrussell

Hi i have a 1994 seadoo gtx, which i have fully rebuilt everything (top and bottom engine rebuild, carb rebuild, new fuel lines new jet pump, new fuel selector ) but the last time i have took it out on the water it bogged down to 1 cylinder, i got back to shore and couldnt start it again. Ive tried everything, new ignition coils, new rectifier, the fuel tank valves arent blocked, im getting spark and fuel i just dont know why its not firing, has anyone had problems with there timing slipping on the flywheel if it could be that? I have got a block off kit installed so it is premix 40:1, but the RV is full of oil and so are the lines what are the chances of the the RV brass cogged being stripping? Cheers.
Tom.

Spark ,fuel , compression is what it needs to fire. If I had to guess you dont have compression. I would check that. Should be 150. 130 it's dead. Remember to hold the throttle all the way open when doing a compression test

Its brand new pistons and rings, and re-bored to .50. I did do a compression test on it when it was new and it only said 110 psi so i thought it was a faulty tester from ebay, but i neverr heald the throttle open so i dont know of that gave me a false reading

Do a compression check with a good gauge then go for fuel delivery. Did you try putting a small amount of premix in the spark plug holes? If you have spark you have a fuel issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back