Seadoo gti 130 not starting after Engine rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesleydk

Good day
I rebuild my seadoo gti 130 after valve failure and now it wont start. Theres no new faults except the p0505 fault i always had. It seems to crank hard,but does sound like it wants to start. Can i use some quick start??

You shouldn't need starting fluid and won't magically make it run perfectly. The fuel injection system works very well. You have something else wrong.

Will need the whole story of the rebuild to be of any help. Year, how did you set the timing chain, what year parts used on the rebuild, etc.

Good day
Used all wsm parts. Pistons. Bearings and valves. Locked crank and cam and fitted new chain. I suspect my idle bypass valve is completely closed. Would this cause the not starting? Ive replaced the idle pass valve but i still get the fault. Tested the wiring and all is good. I was told the problem is my ecu. But anyway that fault was there before and it was running fine only had a bit higher idling (2000 rpm) il check my starter for dragging and also maybe that idle bypass valve

What year ski?

Idle bypass valve won't keep it from starting, just idling properly and usually has high surging idle when they are not working. If you give it just a little bit of throttle when you crank, what does it do?

Have you built a 4tec engine before? Did you line up the marks on the crank and CB gear? Are you sure you got the locking tool in the crank properly? Did you look at the hole using a flashlight and the other end of the tool to center the hole? The crank will lock anywhere incorrectly with the tool.

Got it running tonight. So the issue was it was only giving signal to one injector to fuel. Yes this was the first 4 tec engine i built. So far looking good. Engine runs very good . So now im left with that darn idle bypass valve fault p0505. I tested the 4 wires to plug A at ecm for resistance and continuety and theres no issues. Is there another test i can do? I read that if you unplug the idle bypass valve and groung to engine and test each pin with test light. it should flash on each pin while engine is idling, to then determine if its the idle bypass valve or ecm thats faulty. Does this sound right? I have replaced it with secondhand one but dont know if it was working.

I usually try another throttle body as many times the butterfly gets sticky and will throw that code and idle high and surge(hunt). If you disassemble and clean that may help but it always seems to come back after a short time especially if it is a saltwater machine.

It can be your mpem which I've seen on the 2002-2006 with that same code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back