2014 Seadoo GTX 260 Limited iS - Died on water after SC rebuild

swilliams1284

So I'd just rebuilt my supercharger yesterday and got it out on the lake this evening, everything was running beautifully, up until about an hour in. I'd just started to goose it across the lake at speed and the ski started puttering out on me, felt like it was going into limp mode; and then finally shut off.

I could still crank it over just fine, sounds good, and it was letting itself keep on cranking without throwing any codes, and still is; sounds like it really almost starts but doesn't catch.

Any idea of what this could be? I'm thinking it must be mechanical since there are no codes, and the SC just had gone out previously, semi-destructively (impeller and bearings blew out).

Previous thread

Ive spun bearings, bent rods, blow superchargers... None of those issues caused the engine not to run, they all ran back to the dock. Something seems fuel related the way it was failing, I would start there.

So after sitting around the house for a few hours, I decided to try and crank it over again.

The son of a bitch cranks over no problem now.

Could this perhaps be an overheating issue, or something like that? I'm not sure if getting too hot would throw a code...or just fail as stated above

If it was getting hot it would throw a code and a solid beep, and limp mode all displayed on the MFD.

Back