organizing a ride from montreal to ottawa or kingston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ronsse610

hey, just wondering if there is interest for some ontario or quebec residents to organize a run in the beggining of the summer? for a weekend sometime in june most probably because thats when the water/weather is nice enough to enjoy. i dont mind traveling to bring my ski somewhere!

hey, just wondering if there is interest for some ontario or quebec residents to organize a run in the beggining of the summer? for a weekend sometime in june most probably because thats when the water/weather is nice enough to enjoy. i dont mind traveling to bring my ski somewhere!

I am definitely interested in your idea. I'm in the Toronto area but trailer my jet to Kingston / Rideau Lakes area in Westport, Ontario. I would be willing to meet along the way - not familiar at all with the waterways so I would ask for guidance on where a good drop-off spot would be or where to meet on the water.

Cheers.

yea, sounds good. i dont mind travelling around, what i was thinking was probably kingston area/ 1000 islands. theres some amazing boating/pwc area's to explore out there! and do it over a weekend or something along those lines! i figured might as well start organizing it now to figure it out!

I'm right in the heart of the thousand islands, and can navigate the kinston to Presscott leg so I'm in. Montreal or Ottawa to kingston though your gonna hit locks and if you havent read the news lately lock fees are going to skyrocket this year. Ron we could meet up in Brockville and do the run up to Kingston meet up with Moof there, the the lake isnt too rough we could do a run to Picton or out and around to the Sandbanks to chekc out the bikinis :) Brockville to Kingston about an hour ride. Kingston to Picton and hour, havent done the sandbanks loop but that looks like a good 2 at least from Kingston. Rideau lake runs are nice too. If you put in at upper and do all 3 nice resturants along the way. Just thoughts but count me in.

Ron we could meet up in Brockville and do the run up to Kingston meet up with Moof there, the the lake isnt too rough we could do a run to Picton or out and around to the Sandbanks to chekc out the bikinis :) Brockville to Kingston about an hour ride. Kingston to Picton and hour, havent done the sandbanks loop but that looks like a good 2 at least from Kingston. Rideau lake runs are nice too. If you put in at upper and do all 3 nice resturants along the way. Just thoughts but count me in.

ok that sounds like a good idea to me i wanted to do the sandbanks area! and plus youve been around there so its always good to go with someone who knows the area! im in 100% to do a long run like that over the weekend!

I'm in ... we should open this up to any forum members in the area ... north or south of the 49th.

Yea, all are welcome! the more the better! :D

oh and boats or ski's!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic to hear others are in.. (For some reason I was not getting notifications on these replies although I am subscribed to the thread). Keeping in the loop here with a reply to the thread to trigger notifications again ;-)

Hey bman, have you ever done the run up through long reach to the beach. LOL rhymes??

No I haven't, my boats are always parked at the cottage (tiny ... tiny lake) I've always wanted to do a run, and say every year that I will ... but don't (this will change with this ride). I do take the boat and tool around the bay of quinte though at the begginning of season and end of season.

Ah I see, I grew up in Napanee so I have fished all in that area BOQ, MHB, narrows and have been out as far as the end of long reach, but back then I only had a tice can so didnt venture out into the "Big' Waters :). But on the doo I'm willing to giver a go .. Sounds like fun.

I'm actually thinking of loading up the sled to go tear around on the bay this afternoon, you heard of how the ice is out there?

No I haven't been in thos parts for a while. But check Fishhawk I am sure there are ice reports there somewhere. GL

so hoping more poeple join up on this event! when would be a good weekend to do this run? and what route exactly? is this a 1 day run etc?! because winter is quickly out the door!

I am good anytime but 7-8th weekend. And am open for any routes, destinations etc. Also are we doing guys only or including the wardens? I am 5 minutes from a launch so anyone coming from the east can use my place for a base/meeting point. As far as routes it depends if you just want to put miles behind you or actually see stuff. I can show you lots in the thousand islands area in half a day, but a run up to and past Kingston would be on my to do list, provided the Lake permits.. Let me know your thoughts..

ok, yea im good any weekend! i aint got kids or anything of that kind, but sure bring along the wardens! yea sounds good to me, could use your place as a meeting point coming from where i am in montreal! id like to ride but also enjoy the view and swim around and possibly eat somewhere! so we can do a little bit of both!!! you guys are the ones that live around there so i say we do a kingston.

so i say we do this a sat/sunday thing? considering few of us have travels and i frankly dont wanna have to leave at 3 am to be there by 8 am to ride all day then hit myself up with another 4hr ride at the end of the day!

I'm all about this ... I'm about 45mins west of kingston ... after the ride if you guys want to party it up at my cottage that'd be cool with me and more than welcome to spend a night to rest up.

Sounding like a plan. I'll do some scouting runs in may to figure out maximum boat time/less travel time for us guys coming from the east. Plus the new GTI SE I have on order will need break in hours :) this will be my first season on doo's after years boating. Looking for to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure we got some time to get this all sorted out ... I'm probably going to have to bring the boat though. I'm down to one ski, and I know a few friends will be hounding me to come along aswell. Oh well, I can store gas/drinks/food ... and don't worry my rig can do an honest 65 mph so I'll be able to keep up with the pack for the most part.

I'm all about this ... I'm about 45mins west of kingston ... after the ride if you guys want to party it up at my cottage that'd be cool with me and more than welcome to spend a night to rest up.

Yea sounds like a good plan to me!! You got a cottage on Lake Ontario? And yea bring the boat!!! Need some room for the cold drinks and food along with a little food :) and you got music on you're boat tower?

This Is gonna be awesome!!

Sorry mang .. cottage isn't on lk ontario. Its on a smaller lake about 15 mins north of belleville.

Hey guys, I may be getting a little ahead of myself here, but provided I can get everything together on my current project I would be interested in joining you guys, My ski is a little older and probably not as fast or fuel efficient as the rest of the pack but if its just a scenic cruise along the St. Laurence/Lake On. I am sure that I will be able to keep up.

I live in Ottawa/Gatineau currently but I was born and raised in the Brockville/Kingston area, I mostly kept to the back lakes but I would be up for a river/lake run

Back