Oil Pressure Test

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleB

Hey guys, I put my new engine in the '96 XP this weekend and all in all it went pretty well. I have yet to install the carbs and sync with the oil injection or attached any of the cooling lines. The question I have deals with a statement in the shop manual that says to pressure test the oil system to 3 psi. Do you guys do this and if so is there an easier way to test than using the Seadoo apparatus? Thanks.

Kyle

Normally... no, I don't pressurize the oil system. It's to check for leaks.. If you don't have a leak, you are OK. Besides... if your gomets at the tank are old... they are liable to just pop out. (lol)

Thanks Doc. I knew I could count on you for advice. One other question that I guess you could add to the "bone head act of the day" category. When I started attaching the oil line to the engine I attached one and then took a lunch break. When I came back out almost all the injection oil had leaked out not from where I connected the line but on the other side of the engine. Of course this made a huge mess that I had to clean up not to mention now I have to go get more injection oil. My question...will the oil passing through from one side to the other cause any problems? I looked in the shop manuel and I couldnt see where it would but thought I would ask the pros. Thanks.

Kyle

If you are talking about the oil hose that feeds the rotary valve gears... no... that wont cause a problem other than making a mess. Basically, that part of the engine is open, and the tank just keeps the gear cavity full. The hose from the other side goes to the top of the oil tank as a breather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back