Engine pressure test... video...leaking or not??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

myren

Hi

I have pressure testet my yellow 580 engine after replacement of the crankshaft.

I have pressure testet the innerseals to the oil chamber and there are no leaks.

But when I pressure test the crankcase it leaks air into the oil chamber??

Please watch the video

Any idea what is wrong??

/Tue
Seadoo580_pressure_test.mp4

So what you are saying is you pressure tested the rotary valve cavity and it held air correct? But when you pressurize the crank case through the pulse fitting it leaks air out of the hoses that you have hooked to the rotary valve oil feed line and return line correct? I don’t understand why air is leaking past those Center seals or if it’s a problem but you could block the end of the hose that’s connected to the rotary calve feed and return and then pressurize the crank, once the Center cavity fills with air you will then know if your outer seals are holding pressure or not, although this will tell you if the outer crank seals are leaking it still doesn’t answer the question why the inner seals will only hold pressure from one direction.

You understand the problem perfectly correct. I changed the crankshaft because the inner seals were leaking oil. I have been very careful with the sealing gasket between top and bottom crank case. It is a big leak, so I will try to remove the rotary axle and see if I can see the leak... I even thought about filling the oil chamber with water and look for bubbles.

Back