Oil leak / high oil pressure on a GTX 2002

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxsvenssonSWE

Hi! While i was riding my pwc couple of weeks ago i got the warning message "oil". I stopped and found out that i got oil in the hull. Back home i plugged in the water, starter and looked for the leak. Found out that a lot of oil were coming from the oil filter Box. I removed the cap but the o-ring looked OK. My conclusion was that i got too high oil pressure. I looked around for some solutions on the forum and decided that the first thing to do was to change the oil pressure regulator. I lifted the engine and dismounted the regulator, found some scratches on the piston part so i changed the regulator parts + oil filter and o-ring. Mounted back everything and started up and still got the leak.

Do you guys have any ideas? Could it be a problem with the TOPS valve that causes the leak?

Thankful for all kind of Answers and ideas that can help me! // max

Sea doo GTX 2002 limited edition 155 HP (400 hours)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the answer :)

I can hear the klick sound from the TOPS when I plug in my key, and a while after I unplug it so i believe it works OK. Do you know if the oil pressure sensors have any thing to do with the actually pressure or are they just there to give a message if the pressure is too high or low?

when i was in the garage today i thoroughly studied the oil filter cap and found out its maybe a bit askew, so i orded a new one. Is the normally oil pressure in the oil filter box so high that this could be the actually problem?

Thanks for the answer

I can hear the klick sound from the TOPS when I plug in my key, and a while after I unplug it so i believe it works OK. Do you know if the oil pressure sensors have any thing to do with the actually pressure or are they just there to give a message if the pressure is too high or low?

when i was in the garage today i thoroughly studied the oil filter cap and found out its maybe a bit askew, so i orded a new one. Is the normally oil pressure in the oil filter box so high that this could be the actually problem?

I could hear my TOPS too but when it was running it would not open. Since it was on a boat I just removed the plunger discs. Do you have the oil filter cap o rings on in the correct order? Skinny one up top and fatter one lower on the cap??? As for the sensors all I think they do is check pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back