Low oil pressure and clearing code

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mzootie

Hi all, need some help. when I was winterizing my 2011 Seadoo GTX 215, I was looking to turn over the engine to get the last bit of old oil out. I went to hold in the throttle fully so it wouldn't start. I inadvertently chose the brake lever instead. The engine did spin for e few secs and I immediately realized I had the wrong lever. The engine didn't come close to starting at all. After filling with oil. I started it up back up. Ski ran well but I had a check engine light. My assumption was its a low oil pressure that triggered the fault. I replaced the oil pressure sensor bc I hear they do fail frequently. There was some oil in where the connection is so I just replaced it. Question is will the code clear on its own or do I have to bring it to a dealer to reset it. Wish the readers weren't so expensive! If its low oil pressure code I would think it would be in limp mode too until reset. Anyone ever hear of connecting both disconnected battery cables together to reset the computer. I know ppl do that on cars to clear capacitors and codes. The ski does start and run fine I think its a clear code issue at this point. Any insight is appreciated

The low oil pressure warning is different than a check engine warning. The low oil pressure is an oil can emblem and the check engine is an engine emblem. There are 3 oil pressure P codes. If you have either "warning emblem" on the MFD you have an active fault and it cannot be cleared. Only occurred faults can be cleared. If it's active you can then read the P code on the MFD. Check your operators manual for guidance. Normally when a fault occurs and is fixed the fault goes from active to occurred and the warning goes away and then can be cleared with BUDS. I think you're assuming the ECM is faulted and can possibly be reset by disconnecting the battery cables. You can also drain the ECM capacitors by leaving the cables disconnected overnight instead of connecting them together. If any of the above does not help I believe then BUDS or Candoo will be needed.

Last edited:
The low oil pressure warning is different than a check engine warning. The low oil pressure is an oil can emblem and the check engine is an engine emblem. There are 3 oil pressure P codes. If you have either "warning emblem" on the MFD you have an active fault and it cannot be cleared. Only occurred faults can be cleared. If it's active you can then read the P code on the MFD. Check your operators manual for guidance. Normally when a fault occurs and is fixed the fault goes from active to occurred and the warning goes away and then can be cleared with BUDS. I think you're assuming the ECM is faulted and can possibly be reset by disconnecting the battery cables. You can also drain the ECM capacitors by leaving the cables disconnected overnight instead of connecting them together. If any of the above does not help I believe then BUDS or Candoo will be needed.
Thanks so much for your help! I didn't realize the codes get stored in the MFD. Once I found it P0546, I was going to replace the exhaust temp sensor and watched a few videos showing how difficult it can be bc of corrosion and prob dissimilar metals. Lucky for me I saw that the wires were corroded where they were spliced together and one of the wires were broken. After resplicing with clean wire ends, I reconnected it and the check engine light was gone! I didn't even have to get the code cleared. Appreciate you sharing your experience and saving me more anguish and money. So glad Seadoo has the code functionality so maybe I wont need a reader after all. Thanks again!!

Back