Oil Pressure sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

hudson123

I recently had the washer replaced on my oil pressure sensor as it was corroded and leaking oil. I only noticed the oil when cleaning after a ride and checked the dipstick and it was low. I never got any alarms or warnings going off. Could the sensor not have been doing its job because the washer was corroded hence why I got no warning lights?

Its an oil pressure sensor so your quantity would have to get low enuf to cavitate the oil pump and then it would lose pressure and activate the alarm. If it was just low when you checked the quantity you probably still had roughly 80%of your oil left.

You probably are referring to the oil temp sensor and not the oil pressure sensor. The temp sensors have the aluminum washer that corrode away in saltwater environment on the newer skis and then leak oil.

Your sensors were doing their job and an oil leak won't affect them. There is no oil level sensor on these and the only time you know you have low oil is when it is so low that you get a low oil pressure alarm which happens when you only have about 1 qt left which is mentioned above.

Back