oil injection vs pre mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnsnelbon

Hi so i have a 95 xp, i want to do something with the oil injection pump because iv read on here they are not reliable. Should i replace it with a new pump or should i just get a block off kit and run premix? also how hard is it the replace it or do the block off kit? what are the pros and cons of each? does a block off plate cut down on the skis performance?

sorry for all the questions its my first ski and i cant seem to find any consistent answers to my questions seems like every one has there own opinion

The 717 is slightly more difficult than the 787 to convert to premix. That being said the oil pumps are VERY RELIABLE if maintained correctly.

Premix does not effect performance

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

you wont find a consistent opinion b/c everyone has their own. do a search of this topic. it has been beaten to death. my 2 cents, stay with oil injection and service it

that's the problem the ski has been sitting sense 2004 so it hasn't really been maintained. its a 717, i replaced the spark plugs and gas and she started right up but im hesitant about the pump. what should i do?

that's the problem the ski has been sitting sense 2004 so it hasn't really been maintained. its a 717, i replaced the spark plugs and gas and she started right up but im hesitant about the pump. what should i do?

Replace the oil filter and the small oil lines underneath the carbs.

I have working oil pumps, but also premix. Just for peace of mind, and I don't ride a lot. So not too much work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a few ways to do this. 1 you can premix a tank of gas and bring the oil system up to date with new lines and filers and whatever else you need and use the tape system to mark the tank drive around and see how much oil you use. As long as your crack seals aren't leaking you will has a good test. The other way dump the oil pump and little lines and premix all the time. You still need the tank to oil the RV so either way I would get new lines for that.

I got rid of my oil pump on my 95 GTX just because I fried 2 engines and I am on my last warranty and I just can't take the chance. I am scared and I will admit it. I lost to much time messing with it to loose because of my oil system. I never had it running long enough to prove that it works. Now on my dual engine jet boat I know the pumps and oil system work good so I would keep the system when I replace my engines.

I mix already on my Yammy GP1200 so it is not a big deal. Been mixing gas for like 6 years with it so it is not a big deal for me. Yes you do use more oil but I feel much better.

Seadoo is 40:1 for pre-mix. Maybe do like 50:1 in the tank just don't super crazy until you know it works.

a pump is ideal as when you pre mix the ratio is always the same so its ok at full throttle and super rich at idle.. where as the pump can regulate and make it run more efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back