Re-installing oil injection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

andy.262

So I got a great deal on a '94 XP with some issues. The previous owner took out the oil pump and converted to pre-mix (no idea if it was done "correctly" or not). I would really like to put the oil injection system back in, and he gave me a box that supposedly has all the original parts that he took out. I plan on testing the oil pump itself with a cordless drill to make sure that its actually working. Other than that, what do I need to do to re-install the oil pump? Other than hoses and the actual oil pump, what other original parts do I need to confirm that I have before I dig in?

And there is a plastic adapter that fits on the end of the crank shaft in order to mate it with the pump

Good idea with the picture, I don't know why I didnt think to do that.

Here's what I've got. I'm not sure if all these parts belong to oil injection or not, but I didn't recognize them right away so I put them here. I am missing the cable that goes to the carbs, so I'll have to get that.

IMG_20230428_171116869.jpg

Good idea with the picture, I don't know why I didnt think to do that.

Here's what I've got. I'm not sure if all these parts belong to oil injection or not, but I didn't recognize them right away so I put them here. I am missing the cable that goes to the carbs, so I'll have to get that.

View attachment 61915
Came across this thread and thought that pic looked a bit odd. Check the shop manual for 94 XP - 1994 SeaDoo SP, SPX SPI, XP, GTS, GTX, Explorer Service/Shop Manual - FREE PDF Download!. That site has owners manuals and parts manuals too which may help. Unfortunately those older shop manuals PDF is not text searchable, but on page 143 it looks like you have parts 3 and 5. I'm guessing you may find more on Ebay. I too was researching difference in oil pump and not and seeing many people with carbs blocking off oil pump going to premix. Would be curious to know more details because many on youtube show them running really well with premix.

Back