oh no! another hurdle in a sale..!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

abelg

hi again guys.. well with my motor problems sorted..
i have another problem.. i have found a small hole in my exhaust..
which pours water into the engine bay..
this pic shows where it is...

38.jpg

can this be welded?.. please tell me can!!!
what metal is it?

to correct it permantly, it should be "tig" welded, but you can fix it with jb-weld. Ruff it up w/ wirebrush, then apply a few coats, let dry, and will be good to go.

JB weld is a type of cold welding, which has worked quite successfully in patching members exhaust corrosion holes in the past. that area of the pipe often stores water it sucked up from the lake/ocean and doesnt blow out even if started on the trailer. you can take it to a shop and have it welded, but ive read this does a great job, just ask seadoosnipe, i belive his has held for 2 years.

heres a link, i dont know where they'd sell it in oz, but im sure you could locate it

http://jbweld.net/products/marine.php
:cheers:

JB Weld can be purchased at Walmart, and at most auto parts houses at the counter, or near the adhesives.

I actually fixed mine by drilling and tapping into those areas, then using JB Weld as "lock-tite" and running in a 1" stainless bolt, then filling the rest of the indentation inside the tube with morre JB Weld.

It has held now for 3 years.

Did you have the motor apart. I can not recall the last "thread" you had started as to what you did.

double check your fuel line route. Sounds you got it crossed up. On the top of the sending unit, the fittings are marked as to what they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back