jet pump help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

daverade

oh yea.... where the heck is the jet pump? i need to change the oil for sure but cant locate it... i think this is what they are refering to.... you need to change your pump oil, i know im lookin for a cone shaped object with three screws holdin it shut. and also what o-ring am i supposed to be checking while in there, is there one sealing it shut or something???? please any help is great:confused:

Jet pump?....

oh yea.... where the heck is the jet pump? i need to change the oil for sure but cant locate it... i think this is what they are refering to.... you need to change your pump oil, i know im lookin for a cone shaped object with three screws holdin it shut. and also what o-ring am i supposed to be checking while in there, is there one sealing it shut or something???? please any help is great:confused:

Dude, this is where you might hear someone say if you don't know where the jet pump is, you might not be doing the work.

The jet pump is on the back of the ski/boat and is what pushes the craft through the water.

There are a gazillion threads on this but I'll help you out on it. On the back of the ski/boat, sit down and look at it. You'll see the linkages, remove them. Now, look right in front of you and you'll see 4 nuts, two on the top and two on the bottom. Remove them. If you have a reverse bucket, this will come off with the nozzle assembly. When you move the nozzle assembly away, you'll see the cone looking right at you. The fill plug should be on the top right hand side. It's a small allen head nut.

Take out the 3 bolts that surround the nose cone. Tap it from side to side gently to break the silicone seal and then, the cap should pop off. Be careful of the "0" ring. If it's not damaged, you can use it again. You'll want to clean it all up and put some high temp silicone on it before you put it back on. Just a thin coating, not a lot.

Once the cone is removed, tip the boat/ski up on the trailer to make sure you drain all the oil. Make sure there is no water in it. If your oil is yellow, it has water. The impeller will have to come off and you'll have to replace the seal.

After you put it all back together, go by a bottle of 75-90 wt gear oil that meets the oil designation of GL-5. I use Mobil synthetic....:cheers:

cool thanks, nobody will work on these for under like $100 bucks an hour... i'd rather pay myself in gas & beer... much better outcome... and they usually do a half ace job anyways. im just kinda slow sometime , was looking to access the pump from inside the boat.... then it hit me (your post) right in the back of my head... so really thanks for the time... and p.s all the other gazillion posts on this topic kinda suck you broke it down short and sweet!!!:stupid:

hey snipe of sea-doo's... how much do i fill this pump up with? will 1 bottle do? i found the mobile you were talkin bout!!! i have not located a good manual yet which i would love to have.alteast it would help me refrain from asking dumb question's

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=19338

well... did the jet pump's on em...... that was pretty simple stuff, now if all is well!!!:cheers: i ended up doing both ski's... got new o-rings (i have an assortment of 2225) that was simple, the old ones had silicone all over them and i couldn't clean them all the way... and to answer the question...how much? it took me almost exactly 3oz per pump, i used the 80w-90 MAG1 synthetic, so if you buy 1 big bottle you could prolly service your pump's forever.... thanks snipe, doc and dooya for the help... i didn't break anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got it done. :cheers:

As you said... it's easy work, and there is no reason to pay a dealer to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back