Ignored break in period

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

accardi2665

Hey there everybody!
I ignored the suggested break in period, excitement got the best of me:willy_nilly:, when I bought my '15 GTI 155 Limited. Put 30 hours on it through the summer with it running great.
My question: Is there anything I should be paying extra attention to with not breaking it in correctly? I know I probably voided the warranty but am wondering what exactly I need to keep an eye on.

Thanks!

I'm sure there was no harm, and here is why...

Many of the newer machines are supposedly "locked" until something like 8 or 10 hours. I have not personally seen this yet, but have read it.

And,, even if you went all out, you didn't do so for several minutes at a time. It is all about variable RPMs. You do so naturally. he one thing that MAY be an issue, is doing continual hard out of the hole rapid accelerations.

Awesome, thank you! I believe the "locked out" belief as well because it would only top out around 45 for the first 10 or so hours. That was with the normal key in.

I got my 2012 GTR 215 as a "demo unit" with 16 hours on it, which means the first 16 hours of its life it was abused. 120 hours later it still runs great. Make sure you change your oil often. After doing a bit of math, I recommend changing the oil every 25 hours, although most Sea-Doo manuals say every 100 hours (or 1 year) after the first year.

If your like me one who plans to keep my boat until the sponsons fall off , I would run the boat in the ecno mode for the 1st 5 min before going to full power . Even after a good 5 min ride in a no wake zone , the engine can still be as much as 50 degrees below its operating temperature. I guess that may be because the cold water cooling the exhaust manifold and exhaust is not being restricted during the engine warm up period causing some indirect cooling of the engine. The idea of going to full throttle in the sport mode with the engine at only about 115 degrees does not seem to be the thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back