IBR issue -2015 GTR215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DCM

I'm having IBR communication issues with my 2015 GTR215. I just finished reinstalling the supercharger after having it rebuilt. Ski has been sitting for about 2 months with battery disconnected, but IBR worked fine before I removed the supercharger to be rebuilt. Thinking I knocked something loose when I was working on the supercharger, but can't find anything. It is throwing codes: U16A4, U16A5, and U0129. I did find a 30 amp fuse blown. Replaced the fuse and it blew again when the ski was started. The battery has a good charge and ski starts right up. Any suggestions on what to check?

How does this connector disengage. I believe this is where the wire from that 30amp fuse ends up. Want to pull it loose to test without removing the entire IBR. Have tried squeezing the ends of the black top piece and pulling, but it doesn't want to come out. Don't want to break anything else trying to force it.

Attachments

• IMG_8460.jpg
    IMG_8460.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 20
Appreciate the feedback. That picture was the best that I could get after many attempts. That connector is buried at the back of the ski. Removing that connector without removing the entire IBR module involves being a contortionist and working one handed, entirely by feel. I was hoping someone familiar with the plug could give me some guidance. I ended up getting fed up with this and dropped the ski at the dealer to figure this out. Still waiting to hear back from them. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I’ll see if I can get the old part from the dealer, but I’m guessing it got moisture inside the actuator causing corrosion. Still waiting on the new part to arrive.

I’ll see if I can get the old part from the dealer, but I’m guessing it got moisture inside the actuator causing corrosion. Still waiting on the new part to arrive.

some do get moisture and damage the board others have shorted out components, i provide the eBay repair service, on the newer style ibr i have diff options , core exchange, direct sale , even have new units available, the repair takes 2-3 days, the older style i also service and fix those are more complex but doable they take 7-14 working days.

Reactions: DCM
Back