c0043 IbR code

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tooslowforaguy

Hello guys, I have a 2021 Sea-doo gti se that I recently replaced the battery and now I am getting a
c0043 trouble code. There wasn't any codes before the battery change. I'm currious if anyone has
run into this with a simple battery change and what did you do to resolve this.
I find it really hrd to believe I damaged the IBR with just a battery change.

Maybe you accidently disconnected the harness while changing the battery? Also maybe check the grounds on the engine.
Here is a screenshot of your code.

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    567.7 KB · Views: 13
Thanks Digdog for the reply, I went through the checks on that list, everything has power, no shorts or opens as it says to check, I found a cheap lever switch knowing those rarely fail, still shows the same code. This thing has me baffled. It will lock in forward and will not come out until you take the key off and reset the system, it will then go into reverse/ neutral but as soon as you hit the throttle it will lock in forward and give you the ibr error.

Couple of thoughts...

1.. Why did you replace the battery in the first place? (I know this might sound ridiculous but sometimes the answer to this brings clues)
2.. Have you put a multimeter on the battery to test it? (Again, might sound ridiculous but I don't know how many times IBR issues are caused by voltage issues)

Cheers,

The original battery was dead or near there anyway. removed and took in for testing and was in need of replacement. I bought a new one
as needed and installed it. Others said that I may have gotten a bad one so I removed the new one which in this pwc is major pain in the
butt to get out of there and had them test it which showed it was charged and in new shape.

I would find the connectors, wires and loom for the iBR and follow them right to the ECU.

If the ECU thinks there is a short to ground, there either is a short to ground or a bad ECU.

Not what I wanted to hear obviously. I have seen a bunch of posts on other sites about this happening but nobody ever puts a update
on what the issue ended up being.
I will post a update on this once it gets a solution.

Thank you guys for helping me

Back