How do you Replace impeller with iBR???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefjustinb

Ok so I'm no idiot but how you you replace the impeller on a new 2016 Gti 130 with iBR? I've done impeller replacements tons of times but never with the iBR system.

The kids sucked up a rock luckily I have a new impeller to replace it with but I don't know where to start with this iBR in the way

Ok so after dealing with the sh!thead seadoo dealer in Bullhead City Nevada I was able to figure out how to get the iBR gate out of the way of the single bolt holding the gate in place.

First had to override the iBR at the info display. Connect the key, pull and hold the iBR lever while pressing the mode button the hit the set button (still holding the iBR lever) push the down trim button until the gate is all the way down or in the full reverse position. From there you are able to get the 13mm bolt off on the left hand side of the iBR bracket. Then it was the 4 pump bolts and the 2 top bolts and the whole thing comes out no problem.

I was able to put the new spare impeller in and bolt it right back in place in about 30 minutes. The bent impeller will go with my buddy to Impros in Ontario California and will be my spare impeller should anything happen again. Wear ring was not badly damaged so I left it in.

Put the ski back on the water the next day and ran it all day with no loss of speed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back