How did you hear about Seadooforum.com?

How did you find Seadooforum.com

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
new to forum

Hello to all, I was referred to seadoo forum from a master mechanic at a Honda Seadoo dealership, guess he was tired of picking his brain for info. Actually he told me he would visit the forum for knowledge as well.

Google is my engine, landed here a few days and go and just "browsed it". Very informative, and laid back. I have learned a lot from just reading. I look forward to being an active member.

Thanks for the site....great!

Google is the obvious answer from most of us...but dont know are there other search engines also apart from yahoo & google???

Hey all! New to the forum and new to the doo ownership. Picked up a 2002 bombadier RXDI last week. Doing some research about it online and came across lots of helpfully posts! Happy to be on board.

Saw the web address in google search, was on clubsearay.com, where I go for my SeaRay boat, someone there recommended it to another user so I thought I would check it out. I found some great information here, decided this was the place for me.

Any search I did on google, brought me here. Seems like almost every question has been covered, figured I would join to learn more

Yahoo search trying to find any information on the Seadoo I recently bought. One of the links lead me here. Figured I would join. :thumbsup:

bought a new 97 gsx back in 98 and sold it in 04, decided it was time to get back on the saddle again and while googling for info i came across this friendly forum. the best there is!

emm..I was told by a fish:rolleyes:

Please explain your interest in the Seadoo forum, you report your location as New York, an IP search reveals it's in China, failure to explain will result in an immediate ban from the forum.

Lou

Added: 12-11-13, 23:00 hrs.

...GONE...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please explain your interest in the Seadoo forum, you report your location as New York, an IP search reveals it's in China, failure to explain will result in an immediate ban from the forum.

Lou

...GONE...

He may have been told by a fish,,, but he didn't catch any here...

Nice snag Lou.

Lou

...GONE...

Just curious, what set off your alarm? I realize the location differences but why would that be an issue?

Just curious, what set off your alarm? I realize the location differences but why would that be an issue?

Not sure of Lou's reason, but here are mine.

Anytime ANYONE joins I always take a look at the post itself, where they say they are from and where they really did post from. It just gives me a heads up on them. Especially if their first post is an offer to sell.

Selling here in the site is not an issue, but selling and not offering help and advice is...

I've been doing this for about a year, and in that time I have learned a few things. One of our jobs as moderators is to keep the site free of spammers. Most of the time the membership doesn't even know there were spammers on the site, their traces are wiped clean. For some reason the word "holister" comes up in their posts, also the first post they are selling something, this guy was a little different.

There were several factors in my decision to ban this guy from the site.

1. His initial post was kind of a smart ass answer, not a reason for a ban, but a red flag.

2. I did an IP trace, it came up in China (most spam comes from either the Middle East, SE Asia, or China), and most spammers give their locations as either New York, Texas, the world, or United States. This was the main reason.

http://myip.ms/info/whois/116.1.82.148

3. His profile was incomplete, didn't own any watercraft or Seadoos, again not a requirement but at least showing some interest is.

4. He was on line for more than one and a half hours, didn't respond to my request, and I wanted him off before he could post spam.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Back