Hey guys! Whassup?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I have been out on our lake exactly TWO times this year. This drought has the lake 6' lower than average, and there is a LOT of beach, and a LOT of junk exposed.

Have to pull boat off of trailer by hand, push it by hand out past the no-wake zone. Some of this is knee or calf deep, then slowly gets to about waist deep by the time we get to the no-wake buoys. Only THEN can we drop the outdrive and motor away, carefully, with GPS and lake-depth maps activated, depthfinder and fishfinder ON, and paying very close attention to our surroundings.

If we stay in the channel, it can be 20-30' deep, but if we venture much outside that, we quickly hit sandbars, and there are MANY new islands, now fully vegetated and inhabited by the people who can now walk out to them with tents and coolers (and motorcycles and 4-wheelers) in tow, from the shoreline neighborhoods.

Here is a picture of a 7-yr old kid in knee-deep water halfway to the no-wake buoys...:banghead:

Attachments

• deussenramp072311.jpg
    deussenramp072311.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 15
Hmmm....I guess I have been gone so long, nobody remembers me...

I hate to be that much of a stranger...

Ha ha.Scooper Who???
Ahh,That's right.The man with the Scoopers jokes page.(that is still running well)
If the lake is knee deep,knee deep.Does it have frogs in it?

Hey pal, i wondered where ya been. I was actually out in houston a few weeks ago and thought of ya. I should have sent you a PM but we were kinda busy. You should have stuck with the SD and you wouldnt be scared of shallow water...lol

I have only been out 1 weekend. My boat has huge dust bunnies on it in the garage.

That sucks Scoop. I am lucky enough to be on a hydro dam controlled flooded river. Some of the folks that work the dam have cottages on the same body of water so no matter how dry it gets we magically always have the same 30 miles of playground. I will do the rain dance for ya.

Back