Hey guys, i got my first PWC. There is some fluid leaking, not sure what. Please Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoogtx2000

This is a 2000 Seadoo GTX millenium edition 2 stroke

So, when i first bought it , everything was fine, when you put the key in it would beep 2 times, then start at first try. Now it doest beep at all, but does start. Im thinking that i need to charge the battery to fix this but im not sure if thats the case. or maybe the key?

Also Theres alot of GreenishBlue Liquid Mostly in the back of the ski. im thinking this is the oil or something. There are 2 tubes there, with plastic boxes attached with holes on the bottom, so im thinking thats where its coming from but im not sure.

Also please tell me everything that i might need to know about owning a seadoo. Thanks

Ive cleaned up the fluid, also if i put the key and it doesny beep at all, there a red light that goes up when the screen is that tells you all the temp,time,hours ECT

Last edited by a moderator:
If the battery is not all the way up it may not chirp 2x and still start. On my 98 there is a 12v low lcd reading and a flashing red light if there is less than 12v in the batt on startup and does not chirp.
The 2 tubes with boxes are your bailers. It siphons water out of the hull when the jet impeller spins.
Do you know what oil the P.O. used? It's probably oil. But Greenish-blue may not be the best; so what brand/type is in the ski?

This is a 2000 Seadoo GTX millenium edition 2 stroke

So, when i first bought it , everything was fine, when you put the key in it would beep 2 times, then start at first try. Now it doest beep at all, but does start. Im thinking that i need to charge the battery to fix this but im not sure if thats the case. or maybe the key?

Also Theres alot of GreenishBlue Liquid Mostly in the back of the ski. im thinking this is the oil or something. There are 2 tubes there, with plastic boxes attached with holes on the bottom, so im thinking thats where its coming from but im not sure.

Also please tell me everything that i might need to know about owning a seadoo. Thanks

Ive cleaned up the fluid, also if i put the key and it doesny beep at all, there a red light that goes up when the screen is that tells you all the temp,time,hours ECT

if it is starting it's not the battery, the beepers are real finicky, they go bad. the concern with them not working is that is the overheat alarm also. If you search the forum you'll find a part number for a cheap replacement from Radio Shack.

Sounds like your leak is oil. Check the connection on the bottom of the oil tank, it may be leaking there and running down the hose.

re tell you everything you need to know. the best way to learn is to get yourself a shop manual and read it, you can download them from the seadoo site and read as much as you can on this forum. There is a wealth of information here with some real experts willing to help. All your LEDs will lite up for a couple seconds when you put the lanyard on. Most important thing to know at first is to make sure you are using the proper oil.

umm, i remember the previous owner saying that they used synthetic 2 stroke oil. And changed it every 2-3 years. Also he said that he fully rebuilt the ski. But i just checked it it doesnt seem as there is any oil in the tank. So im about 99% sure theres a leak there.

Im just worried i didnt buy something that will hit my pockets really hard.

When you start up the ski, how are they supposed to sound, might is kinda like a motercycle, but its kinda shaky, is it supposed to be like that? Thanks

Those 2 black plastic boxes may be the self drainers.With a hose attached to each.Please try a post some photos.

If the oil is greenish/blue you are using the wrong oil, it's TC-W3. First you need to find the oil leak, check the rubber grommet at the bottom of the oil tank. When you have found the oil leak, drain the oil tank replace the oil filter, replace the oil with API-TC oil, bleed the system, you also should be using full synthetic oil. If the small oil lines from the oil pump to the engine are brittle I would replace them also.

Once the oil is replaced you won't need to change it again, the oil is used as the motor runs, you will only need to add oil.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
:agree: and by all means, if the tank is empty, don't start that engine again until this is completed.

If you don't want to use the high price SeaDoo oil there is an alternative. Quicksilver makes a 2 stroke PWC oil, make sure you get the API-TC rated and you also need full synthetic, it's in the black bottle. Most WalMart super stores have it, also Mercury Marine dealers.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back