2000 Seadoo GTX RFI TPS And CPS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Gareit13

2000 Seadoo GTX RFI, rebuilt engine by Peter at Fox Valley Powersports. Engine hasnt even been broken in yet, when I attempted to the engine maxed out at 3,300 ish rpms. I have been trouble shooting. I have 60psi fuel pressure. New sparks plugs. I have candoo so i have been using that to troubleshoot. But i keep getting different tps readings from -6 to 100, on the 60 second history of it. The resistance values are within spec, but voltage im getting 2 volts is this a sign to replace the mpem. Since its calling for 5v can i just jump a five volt wire to it? I was also previously getting fuel injector shorting to ground. But dont have cont. in the wires only the injectors, which i believe they are supposed to have. Is there anything else i can do for it?

I never have any luck with the Candoo when it comes to troubleshooting the RFI. Just not enough info there. Good old fashioned troubleshooting is what gets it done. I think the MPEM supplies the ground that makes the injectors work so I'd check the grounds. If you've taken readings on all the components I'd start cleaning the connectors. One particular connector that can cause trouble is the 3 wire plug going into the coil. Make sure it is clean and everything is making good contact. There is a groud wire on the plug make sure it has good continuity with ground. Don't expect to find the problem right away. Take your time, be methodical... be patient. You might end up with an MPEM issue but start changing parts and these ski will laugh at you.

Yeah im trying to be thats why im going one by one checking. Theres a few tooths missing on my flywheel inside the magneto, but from the diagrams it looks like its supposed to be that way. What gets me is the not getting the proper 5v reading for the TPS. I think the TPS sensor is fine. But if its not getting the proper voltage in to it, its not gonna get the correct resistance or reading out of it. Just trying to figure out what i should do with it. The CPS Tested out fine but continue to get the engine of synchronization error with it

Yes the flywheel does have missing spaces/teeth on purpose. :)
Too bad you guys never live close to me I got a spare everything. LOL The surprising thing is this.... when I have weird problem and change parts even if I do all of them... the ski just laughs at me. LOL When I say replace parts I mean, Complete throttle Body with all 3 sensors, Injectors, Coil, MPEM, Rectifier and I have a spare wiring harness. I have replaced 2 MPEMs as a result and that saved me a whole lot of more time and testing. This last RFI surprised me because it ran crappy below 4k rpm but wouldn't kill and it ran like a raped ape up high. It was the MPEM. I'm going to try to figure out if the problem was the CDI box or the MPEM. I just replaced everything so I need to do some testing. I'm just finishing up a RFI Engine. Not my normal level of pretty but the black was good so LSU'd it. :D

RFI Engine rebuild 6-23 Black Purple (4).JPG

Reactions: MMM
Back