Help with 1992 xp 587 - No fire

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin

Just rebuilt the top end of my '92 xp after it sat for 8 years. and I put everything back together. NO FIRE .... How do I check the magnito
to see if there is spark coming from it? Mine has 4 wires, should they all be
HOT ? Because Only 1 is hot right now.

I put a test lite in the wire of each of the four wires coming out of the magnito
and turned it over and only 1 gave me light.

check and see if you have spark at the spark plug. I would guess you have test light on the white wire.

Actually I have no spark and that s what started the whole thing. I checked
the kill switch and it is good , the motor turns over so I battery is good ( brand new) . I Pulled the flywheel cover off and disconected each of the four wires one at a time with a 12v test light in line making the connection in the wires each time turned over the engine then I tired a new wire.
Four wires: Black
Yellow
Yellow with black stripe
Black with red stripe

My Question Is should all of the wires have power? The black and red goes
to the coil it should be hot but its not. the black looks like a ground in the electrical box but its the only one that was hot.

disconnect the red/blk wire in the grey ebox coming off the MPEM and see if you have spark then. If you do the MPEM is bad. Most common spark issue on the 580s.

I pulled the flywheel and found that the keyway had slipped out of place.
fixed that now i have got strong spark. just need some carb work not getting fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back