93 XP Wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

EvoV98

So just finished fixing and putting back together a 93 XP. New fuel lines, carbs rebuilt, honed the rear cylinder and put in new rings (looks like some water sat in there and needed cleaned up), new seals/gaskets in the top end, new fuel selector, and new plugs. It wont start. Wouldn't start before but I expected to get somewhere now with no luck. It sputtered a few times but barley. Even with putting premix down the carbs. I cant see any fuel in the lines or filter so I think its not drawing fuel but still should start with fuel in the carbs. it does get spark, checked both. Any ideas on where to go from there? could the rotary valve be off? I had to hand crank the motor a little to seat the jug, would that throw it off? It also seems someone was messing with things before I got to it, had oversized pistons, and 2 of the bolts for the rotary valve intake were stripped.

Last edited:
It should start momentarily with premix in the cylinders,,,do you have good spark,,load test the battery,,,if these checkout okay,,,l would recheck rv timing.,,

It should start momentarily with premix in the cylinders,,,do you have good spark,,load test the battery,,,if these checkout okay,,,l would recheck rv timing.,,
Battery is new and starts up my SP no problem. I grounded the plugs out and watched (and felt lol) spark, maybe its not enough... not sure.

Compression was good. Turns out whoever the idiot was that tried fixing it before me put all the fuel lines to the wrong barbs on the tanks. It fires and starts now, just only runs for about 12 seconds before dying.

Back