Value of this if rebuilt?? 92 seadoo 587 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I just picked up a 92 seadoo 587 xp for 100$ took a gamble to see if I could get it going. This is my first intro to the pic world. So also have been wanting to get my hands on one and see how they work as well. So I knew this ski would need work before even buying it. Upon disassembly, the crank and top end are no good. The cylinders I can save after honeing them. But the crank bearings are loud because of rust, and the pistons have scoring and rings are rusted in. I have the registration for it as well. Just wondering if it’s worth investing any $$$ into this thing. I don’t want to cross over it’s value when I finish it. My brother has said “I’ll just go buy a $500 jetski clean the carbs and ride.” But I say you put that same $500 into what I already have and at least I know what I have. It’s not it the best condition but I have been repairing powersports for years so I know what I’m doing as far as repairing. But just unsure if it’s worth the investment.
I’ve priced a top end at 230-250$
And a crank for 200-300$ish. And it needs other stupid things… seat cover, tether, storage cover. Again not to sure what the value is. The trailer I bought already prior to the ski. BTW It also has from what I researched an aftermarket west coast head. If that helps with anything.

Attachments

• 75EC815A-335E-49AC-8C15-2D72F7DBFD21.png
    75EC815A-335E-49AC-8C15-2D72F7DBFD21.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
A 92 isn’t really worth messing with. If you want a fun project start with a 96 XP.

A 92 isn’t really worth messing with. If you want a fun project start with a 96 XP.
I know it’s not top of the line. I’m simple and like fun on the water. I’m very cautious about going fast on the water because I need glasses and If I ride in the river near me there are tress and garbage in the river. So I’m still new to all this so I’m just curious what the value of it is if it was running and driving with a title what someone would pay for one…

I agree it would be worth around $1000 but it would have to be in really GREAT shape, and somebody buying it because of nostalgia reasons. A 30 year old one that runs but not in the best shape is a $500 Doo to get you on the water for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back