Handgrips

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Phil123

Hello, I need new handgrips for my 2008 GTI, Ive looked at some oem ones and Worx racing, but I really like the OEM palm style ones fitted to later models. I took one off my 2013 model and they fit on the 2008 handle bars, but the angle is all wrong, with the locator in a different position. Has anyone had success fitting these to the older skis? Maybe grinding the handle bars down to suit the locator and then glueing the grip on with the OEM 10mm bolt to hold it? Any experiences or options would be appreciated.

I am thinking Gorilla glue would likely do very well and hold them in whatever position you set them at, without any bolt needed, but good luck ever getting them off again - it would take a grinder. But it should work very well and maybe the easiest option. You would have to grind larger cut out locator slots to position the grips where you want them. I haven’t tried shopping around much, but I guess nobody makes a Palm style grip for the older skis.

I have wondered if the thumb throttle would still work well with a palm style grip? I guess it would be fine, with the grip in the right position. I don’t think anyone makes a kit anymore to convert from thumb throttle to finger throttle either - has to be personal fabrications.

Back