Carburetor Adjustments

AdamXP800

Water Crafts
1996 Seadoo SPX (sold)
1996 Seadoo GTI (sold)
Current 1996 Seadoo XP800
Post your questions in the forum, not in the stickies.
Thanks

Shane117

Water Crafts
1997 Seadoo GTI & 1997 Polaris SLT700
Are the factory jet settings the same on pretty much all Seadoo mukuni carbs built in the 90's? Is it 1 to 1 1/4 turn out? Thanks

Water Crafts
2001 Sportster LE 951 Carbed
Not always, find your carb in this table and make sure ALL of the parameters are correct, ESPECIALLY if someone else has been in the carb before you. ie: people love to swap out those old metering springs for shiny new ones but don't realize there are four different weight springs.

http://www.seadoosource.com/carbreference.html

andyfen

Water Crafts
Sea Doo Jet-boat twin Engine Speedster 1997
I am going to install a new Carburetor Kit from my Seadoo Jet Boat speedster 1997. Do I have to put the Carburetor in some kind off acid solution before install the new kit or just with choke clean is enough? Also how many turn does the (low and Height) needle's will be? Some book said: (Low and Height = 1 1/4 turn), other book said: (Low=1 3/4 and Height = 0 turn)?

Water Crafts
2001 Sportster LE 951 Carbed
I am going to install a new Carburetor Kit from my Seadoo Jet Boat speedster 1997. Do I have to put the Carburetor in some kind off acid solution before install the new kit or just with choke clean is enough? Also how many turn does the (low and Height) needle's will be? Some book said: (Low and Height = 1 1/4 turn), other book said: (Low=1 3/4 and Height = 0 turn)?
The depth of "cleaning" will depend on the severity of the problem, I've had some pretty corroded carburetors to bring back to life which required extensive rework and others that were clean as a whistle inside and just slightly plugged with fuel gum. It doesn't take much of a restriction to bring on lean hesitation issues so follow the above advice on what to look for, I'd say.

As far as the mixture screw settings goes, all carbs weren't set the same from the factory although many HS mixture screws were set at 0 turns open from lightly seated it depends on the model and year along with the configuration. Need more detail on what you've got and the symptoms.

If you're experiencing lean hesitation and stalling, this indicates there isn't enough fuel, for whatever reason. Once that's taken care of then monitoring for that brown color center electrode insulator makes for a decent yardstick. Grey center insulator usually spells trouble on the way, from my experience.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member